“Exactly What We Needed” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandton Slippers B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sandton
Sandton Slippers B&B
You added Sandton Slippers B&B to your Saves list
18 Aronsohn Road | Lyme Park ext.4, Sandton 2195, South Africa   |
Ranked #18 of 64 Sandton B&B and Inns
Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
“Exactly What We Needed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Tucked away in a quiet neighborhood in Sandton, this B&B offers everything you'd expect. The room was nicely decorated with modern South African decor. The bathroom is spacious, modern and well lit. The breakfast is standard B&B fare, but of great quality.

Dina is an excellent host. She is present, helpful and caring, yet never intrusive.

My only complaint (and I use that term loosely) is the lack of AC. Most months, the climate in Johannesburg is pleasant and dry, however it can be hot in the summer months. Given the lay out of the facility there was no cross breeze and the room can be stuffy. If not AC, a fan would be a great addition to the room.

Overall, I recommend Sandton Slippers without reservation. Its location, accomodation and overall ambiance is great. I plan to stay there every time I travel to Jo'burg.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
SandtonSlippers, Owner at Sandton Slippers B&B, responded to this review, April 1, 2012
Thank you for your comments and for staying at Sandton Slippers it was really super to meet you both. I know we can have some really hot weather here in Jhb and we try to keep the rooms cool with the almost 1m wide ceiling fans which I'm surprised you missed, sorry about that. Other than that I am so happy you enjoyed your stay, I hope we see you again soon. Kindest Regards
Andre and Dina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012 via mobile

I would like to compliment Dina and Andre on their wonderful B&B. My stay of ten days was very relaxed & comfortable. As a woman on my own, not once did I ever have reason to feel uncomfortable or fearful. My car was safely parked under the trees and my personal belongs were always where I left them on returning to the room. The room was really tip top, with beautiful linen and fluffy white towels, and private too! The staff were always friendly and accomodating. Nothing is too much trouble. Dina and Andre, thank you so much. From the warm welcome on arrival to the departure I found my hosts really wonderful. I will be back!

• Stayed September 2011
Hi there, thank you for your lovely review. It is good to know that you felt safe whilst you were here and you enjoyed the facilities in the room and the linen, which everyone likes. We think it's because it's bleached by our South African sun and air-dried in the wind :) . Take care. Regards
Andre and Dina
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Tucked away in a quiet neighbourhood with good access to major roads, Slippers is a pleasant B&B. The rooms are very small without space for even a second reading chair but the space is well used for bed and desk. Better for single business travelers who don't spend much time in the room. There are big sliding doors but no cross ventilation so rooms get stuffy.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
SandtonSlippers, Owner at Sandton Slippers B&B, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Thank you for your constructive review. I agree the rooms are suited to business travellers which is our usual clientele. The weather has been extraordinarily warm lately and I think you got the full brunt of our summer. I am glad you came back to us twice after your initial stay though. Take care and enjoy your 4x4'ing. Andre and Dina
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

recently stayed for one night before returning home. had a great stay. the room was nicely decorated. very comfortable bed, had a very good night sleep after a busy week. the bathroom was nice. the breakfast was simple yet fulfilling. Dina was a wonderful host. she made reservations at Indian restaurant which was great place to have nice food. the b&b in a secure neighborhood and i always felt safe. will definitely stay here again when visiting Johannesburg (hopefully I will be able to visit again soon!)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
SandtonSlippers, Owner at Sandton Slippers B&B, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Hi there, thank you for the super review, I'm glad you found me on Trip Advisor. I'm also glad you were comfortable and felt safe, that is very important for us to know especially for our overseas visitors. We are surrounded by great and varied restaurants so reccommending something close by was easy and a pleasure. I hope you do come back soon as I know you want to do so much more in SA. Happy travels - Andre and Dina
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

Dina - thank you so very much for your hospitality. After a wonderful day/night of partying at a reunion down the road, it was absolute heaven to fall into a comfortable bed. Thank you so much for extending the breakfast time. Much appreciated after a pretty late night! Running a guest house myself, it was a pleasure to see that someone else takes the time to prepare a fresh fruit salad - many don't. Lovely breakfast that hit the right spot. Will see you next year!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
It was an absolute pleasure to host some fellow Rhodies ! I'm glad we were so conveniently situated for your function as well. Thank you for the lovely review, I was hoping you would approve, being in the industry yourself. We hope to see you next year again :) take care regards Andre and Dina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011 via mobile

Honestly speaking this is the most underated B&B. Our stay there was absolutely superb. The rooms are sublime, clean and cosy. The service was tip notch and the location was exquisite and I haven't even started talking about the good stuff. The food...my word Dina, that breakfast was beyond words, this B&B sums up the phrase "value for money". I also thoroughly enjoyed what I assumed was André's photography, particularly the panoramic shot of Johannesburg. I would recommend it in a heart beat and it is my 1st choice if I visit Johannesburg. It is great.

I would just like to thank Dina and André for their incredible service and making us feel at home, especially with the stress I had because I was writing an exam.

It is a really extraordinary establishment and is by far the best B&B I have ever stayed in. We have only one regret and that is we couldn't stay another night.

Passmore & Andisiwe (Andy)

• Stayed October 2011
SandtonSlippers, Owner at Sandton Slippers B&B, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Dear Andy and Passmore, What an awesome review ! I had no idea you enjoyed our establishment so much, what a great surprise it was to hear these comments. Thank you very much and I hope next time you stay longer, it's always good to work, eat and play in Sandton !
See you soon. Regards Dina & Andre "oh and the exams" live up to your name :)
Mauritius, Indian Ocean
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

I travelled to Johannesburg for the first time and I stayed a week at the Sandton Sleepers. It’s the BEST Bed and Breakfast that I have stayed in. The rooms are excellent, spacious, very comfortable, modern, clean, with a very good bed! I slept like a baby and I felt like I was at home. It was also great to feel very secure as this was one thing I was so scared knowing that it was my first time in South Africa. This Bed & Breakfast is in a nice and safe area. Location is perfect. The breakfast that was served every morning was outstanding which was above my expectations.
I really would like to thank Dina & Andre for the way they have welcomed me. They are very nice and very friendly, extremely helpful in every little details and give such a very good service to customer. They will always make sure that you have everything you need.
Even before I came, I have asked so many questions and every time the responses were immediate and helpful. Thanks Dina for being soooo patient with me 
With no hesitation, it’s a Bed & Breakfast that I can recommend to anyone whatever is for Business or Leisure. This Bed & Breakfast should be number 1 for the good quality and the great service!!!!
It was amazing and I had such a great time, I will never forget!!! I will definitely come back again!!!
Thanks again for everything

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dear Cindy, Thank you for the lovely review, it was an absolute pleasure having you stay at Sandton Slippers B&B. I'm so glad to hear you felt safe and comfortable, we believe that is so important for our guests to have a place to recuperate after a busy day. We hope we have the pleasure of your company again. Take care. Regards Andre & Dina

Been to Sandton Slippers B&B? Share your experiences!