“Wonderful accomodation in Johannesburg” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gallo Manor Country Lodge

You added Gallo Manor Country Lodge to your Saves list
Gallo Manor Country Lodge
5.0 of 5 Guest house   |   23 Canterbury Crescent | Gallo Manor, Sandton 2052, South Africa   |
Offers & Announcements
One night free
Ranked #5 of 64 Sandton B&B and Inns
Harare, Zimbabwe
“Wonderful accomodation in Johannesburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We recently stayed for the first time at Gallo Manor Lodge in Sandton, Johannesburg - we have stayed in many Guest Houses and Lodges in South Africa and can hinestly stay that this was the best that we have stayed in - thank you for a wonderfull stay, Lynn. We will certainly use the lodge for our net stay in Johannesburg and would highly recommend it to other travellers - it is very well situated for all areas of Johannesburg and like a hoe from home. Once agian many thaks for an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Out of Africa room was exceptional
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Lynne T, Owner at Gallo Manor Country Lodge, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
We value your comments and thank you for sharing your Gallo Manor experience. We look forward to your visit in the future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Abuja, Abuja Capital Territory, Nigeria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

As a family, we had to be in south Africa in July 2012 and it was a no brainier where we would stay after the wonderful time we had at the lodge in November 2011.

Everything was as excellent as usually. From the meet and greet at the airport to our speedy check in, simply excellent. But there where some surprises at the lodge, lynne had proactively installed CCTV monitors in the lodge for added security, revamped the menus at the lodge and was in the process of finishing a brand new patio for one of the rooms.

To me its simply amazing how committed to providing excellent customer services Lynne is. She would if possible, give a hand and a limb to make you as comfortable as possible.

We stayed in the lovely Venezia suite and we where extremely comfortable. My little daughter even had her own lovely bed set up and provided for by the lodge. Fantastic.
All the room amenities where in place and housekeeping was awesome.

We can't wait to come back to GALLO MANOR COUNTRY LODGE for it has truly become our home away from home.

Thank you so much Lynne. I have learnt so much from you.

Room Tip: Just talk to Lynne and she will suggest the best room for you needs. She always gets it right for us...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Lynne T, Owner at Gallo Manor Country Lodge, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Once again we have had the pleasure of hosting your delightful family. It is always a pleasure to meet up with our valued clients who make our jobs so rewarding. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to future visits.
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I was quite skeptical reading all the very good reviews for this Lodge, but all is true and I found more: warm and practical welcome, empathy and a charming way to make my stay efficient (limousine service, ability to use the facility and the magic table for business meetings and work sessions, ...) & comfortable (good advises for restaurants, visits, golf, ...). I organised myself to have a WE on site, and I don't regret it; I had the time and opportunity to discover a little of the South-African life style and history. So a big THANKS to our wonderful hosts !

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Lynne T, Owner at Gallo Manor Country Lodge, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
It was a great pleasure to host you during your trip to South Africa and we look forward to your return
Gaborone
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

If you are looking for a more quiet place where you can focus on an urgent assignment thast requires a lot of concentration, coupled with a most welcoming service at all levels, this is your place. I stayed there for a full week and I found everything most welcoming. I would like to express my gratitude in particular to Lynne, Mike and Tondi - Thank you very much for looking after me. I will keep the guest house in mind each time I travel to Sandton for a few days, and I will not hesitate to recommend it to other people be it those doing business or those wishing to celebrate some special time together as family, couples, friends, etc. Jane

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Lynne T, Owner at Gallo Manor Country Lodge, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
We are pleased that your stay at Gallo Manor Lodge exceeded all expectations and value your response.
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Big thanks to Lynne and Mike for allowing us to have my parents 60th & 65th Birthday celebration at your Lodge. For the 40 people we had, it was perfect. The garden was spacious and open for the kids to play and for LaOuma spitbraai specialists to setup and do their thing.

Thank you for allowing us to use you facilities (crockery, cutlery, tables and chairs etc). The sit down event was most enjoyable and I must say my sister and I did a spended job with the decor.
I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a venue that is intimate and personal and right in the heart of Joburg. Well done to everyone especially my brother for providing gazibos and drinks etc. This family event is definately one to remember by all. Thank you. Will do that again!

Room Tip: I would choose a room near the pool area :-)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lynne T, Owner at Gallo Manor Country Lodge, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
It was a pleasure for us here at Gallo Manor Lodge to host your family occasion and the celebration of your parents reaching their senior years. The weather also played a great part in a truly successful day. We thank you for your appreciation and wish you all many years of good health and happiness.
Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stay every 3 months at Gallo Mankr Lodge for a week at a time.
It's excellent, peaceful and the service is outstanding. The owners are friendly and the staff go out of their way.
I recommend this guest house to everyone.

Room Tip: I love the rooms as the all are getting outside patios onto a stunning garden
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Lynne T, Owner at Gallo Manor Country Lodge, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
It is always such a pleasure to host our regular guests and more importantly to share with therm the growth and improvements of our business. Thank you for your appreciation of the facilities and service that we offer.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I have stayed at Gallo Manor Lodge for 6 weeks and I couldn't be happier with the service I have received. Being here for such a long time on my own I wanted somewhere that would feel like home and this place ticks all the boxes.

From the moment I arrived I have been well looked after. Lynne (the hostess) is brilliant at giving advice on places to visit and she will even help you organise a trip. I would go as far as saying she has been like a second mum, who has gone out of her way to look after me.

The garden is really amazing and perfect to chill out in after a day at the office.

My room was really big and has everything you need. As a big sports fan I was pleased to have all the premium sports channels so I wasnt missing out on the action back home. The only disappointment was that England were rubbish again and Andy Murray couldn't win Wimbledon!

I worked in my room a fair bit and the Internet connection is good. There was plenty of power supply for me to plug all my gadgets in.

The location for me was perfect because it was a 5 minute drive to the office. There are also some good restaurants and shops nearby. There is a good pub called 'The Baron' near which has a good beer selection and top notch pub food. Always someone to talk to if your on your own!

I'm definately going to miss this place when I'm back in rainy London! If I ever come back to South Africa I will definitely be stopping by.

David

Room Tip: I stayed in the emerald suite. Very nice.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
We are thank you for your response and are delighted that Gallo Manor Lodge was able to give you a truly exceptional experience. May your career open new opportunities for the future. We look forward to your return to South Africa?

Been to Gallo Manor Country Lodge? Share your experiences!