“Budget hotel in Sandton” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Vittoria Lodge

You added Villa Vittoria Lodge to your Saves list
Villa Vittoria Lodge
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   21 Melville Road | Hyde Park, Sandton 2196, South Africa   |
Ranked #43 of 64 Sandton B&B and Inns
Lagos
“Budget hotel in Sandton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I can for a business meeting around Illovo and lodged at the Hotel. It is clean and the staff are very friendly. Very peaceful and serene environment. The rate is also very good and has a swimming pool.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Durban, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

This was a last minute booking which pleasantly surprised us. Reception was efficient and fast. The accommodation was spacious and neat. Complete with bar fridge, microwave and complimentary water/tea/coffee. Shower was huge and clean - think it was recently renovated because the tiles were quite modern. Breakfast was buffet style with a lot of variety, in a cosy room next to reception. We basically needed an overnight stay but it's an accommodation where you can stay longer. If you're looking for a centralised, inexpensive place to stay in Joburg, this is it.

Room Tip: Carry sleeping mask as the curtains are not thick so it was quite bright in the early morning and di...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Cape Town
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

The rooms were clean enough but the service definitely does not match the price we paid. The receptionist was not rude but I would not call her polite either. On saturday night when I asked about the room service (which we were told is available only for dinner when we arrived) I was told "The chef is not here" with no apology. We had had a long day and were relying on this service, so I would have at least expected a small apology or something. I hate it when I feel I am bothering someone by asking for service, which is how I felt her overall attitude to be.

The beds are also not aprticularly comfortable. But they did let us in at 1:30am after a wedding.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Lagos, Nigeria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I didn't get to choose this hotel, it was done for me by business associates, but I goggled up on it . I was at first discouraged that so many reviews seemed not like it. But I was pleasantly surprised when I finally settled in. It was neat, quiet, and good for the price, I know, I checked, getting anything else in Sandton/Hyde Park was almost impossible. The Internet, which was a must for me, was epileptic in my room (14) which was by the nice but-too-cool-to-swim swimming pool, but up and strong at the dining area, breakfast was a drudge after two weeks of basically the same menu each morning. But it was close to many business centers, Sandton City. If you're the luxury minded traveler, look elsewhere, but a bean counter like me who also likes a good location, this could be a place. And the staff were friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay; because i was looking for a quiet area for my holiday; away from all the noise. Although the Breakfast need alot of improvement; as the Hotel is lacking in varieties. The Security of the place should be given first priority in the Hotel. The Staff were very nice and friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Grahamstown, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The only reasonably priced room I could find in the area at short notice. I was worried after reading the previous bad reviews but I had a nice stay - they said they are working to improve their service. The room was large, a bit dated but clean. A Gautrain bus stop is close by and they also offer a shuttle service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Cape Town
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I booked a room in this facility at the last minute for one evening due to its location. The room was below average with a rock hard bed and not nearly as clean as one would expect. I inquired about the security gate access and was told there is always a night staff receptionist manning the desk who would open up as required. I informed them that the other guest and I would be returning separately quite late in the evening/early hours and I was assured that this wouldn't be a problem. Much to our shock and horror, it was indeed a problem. When the other guest arrived he buzzed the intercom for 25min with no response, called the front desk - no answer, and even hooted outside the gate to no avail. He then left and had to find alternative accommodation for the night! When I arrived a short while after he'd left I had the same problem, only the night staff guy named Last One arrived eventually and let me in. I was furious and expressed to him what had happened and all he did was say sorry and left. In the morning we explained the situation to the reception and requested to speak to the manager, David, who was not available. They did contact him and he agreed to refund us. However he subsequently called me and argued about why I should be refunded due to the fact that 1 guest was let in! Completely disgusted by the standard of service and will never advise anyone to stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Villa Vittoria Lodge? Share your experiences!