“Nice place/convenient location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DaVinci Hotel and Suites

You added DaVinci Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
DaVinci Hotel and Suites
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Maude Street | Corner 5th Street, Sandton 2146, South Africa   |
Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Sandton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice place/convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Great service at this hotel. Left my passports in the hotel safe, and they helped get them to me at the airport. Have to say, though, found the decor a bit odd, and the gym and breakfast and rooms just ok, nothing spectacular. The location in the mall can't be beat!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
RuiAntunes, Deputy General Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear J G,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a report for us on TripAdvisor. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

The experience I had there was beyond my expectations. I was booked for 7 nights on different days as I was working in different African cities but connecting my flights from Johannesburg I made Davinci my base in Africa. The people at the reception and the restaurant were very welcoming. the rooms are very elegantly decorated and have a very modern look and on my last day I wanted to check out late to catch a night flight back to the UK. I spoke to the duty manager who allowed me to stay until 13:00hrs which was something I did not expect, I could not thank him enough. He was so nice and professional. The staff were ever so nice always ready to help especially Mase & Bongani they are asset for the hotel. I will definitely stay there again and I would recommend it to anyone. And not to forget they have free Wi fi and their network coverage is excellent.

Room Tip: This is a new Hotel and its in the middle of the Mandela Square
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
RuiAntunes, Deputy General Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Nkosinathi Z,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a report for us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to thank you for all your wonderful comments regarding the staff. I will ensure that the staff see your comments especially Mase and Bongani.

Noosa, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Our group of twelve stayed one night prior to leaving on a safari, and another afterwards just before heading home to Australia. The staff were most helpful, particularly our concierge who had to store our golf clubs as well as extra luggage. If the black/white decor is your theme you will love it. Our rooms were well appointed and the beds most comfortable. I had room service one evening and the meal was delicious. Location is a huge plus being in Mandela Square, with a good choice of bars and restaurants. And as for the shopping....not quite enough time to do it all justice. A lovely end to our African sojourn.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
RuiAntunes, Deputy General Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear maureen c,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful report for us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that it was a memorable ending to your African experience.

Gurgaon, Haryana, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I stayed in DaVinci from 26th March to 11th April 2014. That is around 18 day. The environment was very friendly and warm. The people at the reception were very welcoming. the rooms are very elegantly decorated and have a very modern look. The bath tub which is almost adjacent to the bed makes it different from other hotels. The rooms are kept very clean. The room service is also very prompt. The breakfast spread was elaborate but it didnot change any day !!
Overall I was comfortable in the room and could relax after a whole days work :-)

Room Tip: Rooms facing the swimming pool is good if you want to have a peaceful view
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
RuiAntunes, Deputy General Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Paramita_Mukh,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a memorable time. Your feedback regarding the breakfast buffet has been forwarded to our Food and Beverage Manager for consideration.

We look forward to welcoming you “home” in the near future.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed at Davinci for two 19th & 20th of April 2014.the hotel has a great vibe and the decor is modern and funky. The hotel is on the Nelson Mandela square and is convenient and close to the Gautrain station. The reception staff were great as well as the concierge . The breakfast was good and a great variety. They have special rates on weekends for couples but we only found that out after our stay. The spa menu looked great but was fully booked. I recommend guest make arrangements in advance if they would like a treatment.

Room Tip: If you would like a spa treatment book in advance. The restaurants on Mandela square are great
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
RuiAntunes, Deputy General Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear GSAUNDERS1958,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback on TripAdvisor. We strive to offer the best possible experience to all of our guests and I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I can understand the disappointment when you wanted to book a spa treatment and we could not assist with availability, but I trust that we will be able to assist in the future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed here for the first nights of our honeymoon in SA and we were absolutely blown away!!!

We were treated like royalty! Champagne and a dessert platter greeted us in our room and when we came back from dinner on our first night they had run a romantic bath complete with rose petals for us.

Rooms are lovely. Bath in the middle was amazing

Breakfasts were also great and had everything you could imagine!

Staff were so friendly and nothing was too hard.

Great location also

Would definitely recommend!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Bec_Cassidy_86,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review for us on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and that we could make your first honeymoon night in SA memorable.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

The modern decor was very tasteful and well done, although not my decorating choice. This hotel is well located. We enjoyed walking the shops and visiting Nelson Mandela Square. A wide variety of good restaurants nearby however the hotel had an amazing burger and buffet breakfast with a wide variety of foods to choose from. Our room was clean, spacious and provided a good nights sleep even if a tad on the warm side. The staff was excellent, always accommodating and never in short supply. Definitely enjoyable and well worth a stay!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
RuiAntunes, Deputy General Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Clarke I,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful report for us on TripAdvisor. We strive to offer only the best possible service to all of our guests and therefore we appreciate your positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back with smiles in the near future.

Kind regards,

Been to DaVinci Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!