“Pleasantly surprised!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DaVinci Hotel and Suites

You added DaVinci Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
DaVinci Hotel and Suites
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Maude Street | Corner 5th Street, Sandton 2146, South Africa   |
Ranked #4 of 48 Hotels in Sandton
Lagos, Nigeria
“Pleasantly surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Ultra modern hotel, though fully equipped. My husband and I stayed in a single room with our toddler daughter and it was a very nice and relaxing two nights! The breakfast here was absolutely yummy and I would surely return here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
RuiAntunes, Rooms Division Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Mrs_IFO

Thank you for your feedback and I was delighted to read that you had a relaxing escape! We are constantly looking at improving our product to ensure the best possible guest experience and am please to let you know we have actually added some additional items onto the Breakfast Buffet since your last visit.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon!

Kind Regards
Rui Antunes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

A frequent business traveller, my first stay at the DaVinci last November for 11 nights, was an excellent experience and has prompted me to write my first TA review. Excellent location, luxurious rooms and first class service, with very helpful and attentive staff. My wife and son joined me towards the end of my stay and we all agreed it was one of the best hotels we'd ever stayed at and excellent value for money (via hotels.com). My son managed to forget some of his belongings (including a couple of items in his room safe) after we'd checked out and the concierge kindly arranged for these to be forwarded to our next location. Will definitely be returning!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Paul E

So glad you found the DAVINCI Hotel and Suites as one of the best hotels you have stayed at in and thank you for sharing your experience. Congratulations on on writing your first review and we are pleased you chose to review us on Trip Advisor!

Thank you also for making special mention towards the staff at the hotel, the Team and I are delighted you enjoyed every aspect of your stay.

We all wish you all the best for the New Year and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

After staying three nights at this superb hotel i have decided to increase my stay for another few days. And with a famiy of seven (3 kids included) it was perfect, the hotel is in the most prime location and vicinity of Sandton. If you are looking at fabulous value and service then this is definately where you shud be staying, be it business or a few days of indulgence. Gym, Pool, Spa, Mall on the third floor we didnt feel the need to go anywher else.

Notable at the reception Nomfundo was always helpfull and Roy the night manager was fantastic when we had a slight concern....

We are already looking forward to coming back later on this year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Zunait J

Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are delighted to hear you had a great stay at our Hotel and that we will have the opportunity to host you again in the not too distant future.

I will be sure to share this feedback with Nomfundo, who I am sure will be ecstatic with this review. On my behalf, I am only too happy to offer my assistance where required.

We look forward to welcoming you back to DAVINCI Hotel and Suites.

Nerul, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed in Da Vinci between 8-9 Dec 2012.

The hotel is located at best location in sandton and it is superb............ Its in the same premises where Sandton mall is, so who loves to shopping and eating ......everything is down the stairs......

Staff was warm and helpful.....Food was nice.....Rooms are fantastic..........Location is lively ......

Room Tip: Rooms on 6th floor and above...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ajay S

We appreciate the time you took to tell us about your stay at DAVINCI Hotel and Suites. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will share your comments with our Team, who I am sure will be encouraged by your remarks.

It was an absolute pleasure to host you and we look forward to welcoming you back in future.

London UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Over the top (for which read: bling) decor throughout (couldn't work out the connection with Leonardo Da Vinci...?) but look beyond that for super-comfortable and well-equipped rooms; helpful, efficient, friendly staff; a superb buffet breakfast; and a great location on Mandela Square with easy, quick access to Sandton Gautrain station.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear BackInLondon

We appreciate the time you took to review your stay with us. We are flattered and honored by your amazing comments.

I will share this review with our team, who I am sure will be more than delighted with these remarks.

We look forward to welcoming you back home in the not too distant future.

West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband has been working in South Africa, so I joined him the end of October. We have been staying in a suite in the Davinci Hotel since the end of October. The staff here is very friendly and competent, the hotel is gorgeous. The decorating is modern black and white with lots of nice art work. I have to go back to the US on December 17th, and will really miss the Davinci. It feels like home (only better) . The hotel is connected to several shopping areas (Sandton Center, Mandella Square and Michelangelo Shopping Center). There are numerous good restaurants, shops, and services minutes away. I can eat, get my nails done, get a massage, or haircut, and shop to my hearts content. The concierge at the hotel arranges local tours, and the hotel itself has live music on the pool deck and restaurant Weds thru Saturday. There is also a fitness center with state of the art equipment (I use a personal trainer there) and a spa. I highly recommend this hotel and I have stayed in many luxury hotels all over the world!

Room Tip: If you are staying longer term get a 1 or 2 bedroom suite
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jan E

Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to provide us with valued feedback about your stay. We are delighted to hear you had a great stay in our Hotel and Suites.

I will be sure to share this feedback with our team, who I am sure will be ecstatic with this review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to DAVINCI Hotel and Suites.

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Well situated hotel in Sandton. Short walk from Gautrain and located right in the Nelson Mandela mall. Rooms are very nice and very well decorated in a modern decor. I would have given 4-5 stars but I found staff to be very unattentive to needs. Not friendly at check-in and not helpful at all with advice for a newbie to jo'burg.

For instance, I asked the front desk for help identifying good nightlife options for a Friday night. They directed me to the concierge desk. So I asked the concierge where he would recommend I go for nightlife, specifying that I'd like a nice lounge to start for some drinks then a club for dj music. Rather than providing any advice, he handed me a magazine saying that everything is listed in there. I asked if there's any he would recommend and he again insisted that everything is listed. Disappointed, I flipped through the magazine in my room to find that it wasn't much help. So I ventured out on my own and luckily met some folks at a nearby restaurant that pointed me in the right direction. Best spot was a rooftop outdoor bar at Sandton Sun across the street from the hotel. Great spot for drinks and a view!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
RuiAntunes, General Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Worldtravelguy,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, as this certainly assists us in addressing our shortcomings and improving our service offerings.

Having said the above, it is clear that although you enjoyed the Hotel room, public areas and facilities, your experience with the staff was less than ideal. I have investigated the situation, but we would require some more information from you to be able to get to the bottom of our service deficiencies.

I wanted to assure that your experience is certainly not the DAVINCI standard.

Again I thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We look forward to receiving more information and then welcoming you back in the not too distant future to allow us the opportunity of showing you what the true DAVINCI experience is all about.

Kind regards,

Robert Hodson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandton
Michelangelo Hotel
The Maslow
#6 of 48 in Sandton
4.5 of 5 stars 453 reviews
Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton, Johannesburg

Been to DaVinci Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!