The same agent was there for my my check in and check out. She was extremely unfriendly during check in, keyed in the wrong # for my credit card, and she was sick and coughing on everything/everywhere. At checkout, she keyed in the credit card number wrong again, and kept insisting it was the card, I had to call my credit card company on my mobile (international call) for them to tell me that she had keyed in the wrong expiration date. Again she denied it, but gave it one last try - and the card worked. The checkout process took 20 minutes. Again, she was coughing on everything/everywhere. I understand staff gets sick, but if if effects the public, they should not be front desk staff. Not once did she apologize for any inconvenience. I can be pretty understanding but her attitude and no apology was unacceptable.
Also, I tried to call the consierge desk for 15 minutes and could not get an answer. Finally I went down to ask for luggage assistance and it was brought down.
I've stayed at the other Garden Court before (in the same area) and I didn't have these experiences. The location and price are great, but given the service I received, it's doubtful I'll be staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its stylish urban design and fuss-free approach to accommodation, Garden Court Sandton City is situated in the heart of Johannesburg. It is here that functional design meets smart technology, resulting in a surprisingly simple hotel that is easily able to meet the needs of business and leisure travellers. The convenient location meanwhile has plenty of advantages for all guests. Business travellers are within easy reach of the acclaimed Sandton Convention Centre along with the rest of the Sandton CBD, while leisure travellers can enjoy the world-class shopping, entertainment and sight-seeing attractions found within the area. Getting around has never been easier, thanks to the high speed Gautrain route that spans across the city.Garden Court Sandton City Hotel Features A total of 444 rooms are offered, each furnished in a modern style. Aside from basic features such as baths and separate showers, facilities in each room include invitingly comfortable double or queen beds, workstations, air-conditioning, tea and coffee stations, DSTV, plug points and porter service among others. Wheelchair-accessible and smoking rooms can also be arranged on request. Other facilities that can be enjoyed within the hotel itself include free WiFi, complementary Gautrain station shuttles, Riffs Bar & Grill, a breakfast room, Sandton Sun Spa and access to other nearby amenities. Conferencing venues and facilities include two full-service meeting rooms, with packages on offer to suit your business needs. As a guest at our hotel, you can also look forward to a host of specials that add more value to your stay, such as our Frequent Guest loyalty programme. Take the stress out of travel planning with Garden Court Sandton City – an ideally located hotel that understands your needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Garden Court Sandton City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Court Sandton City Hotel Sandton
- Garden Court Hotel Sandton
- Garden Court Sandton City Greater Johannesburg