“Good hotel in central location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton, Johannesburg

You added Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton, Johannesburg to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton, Johannesburg
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner Rivonia Road & Daisy Street, Sandton 2010, South Africa (Formerly Radisson SAS)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #15 of 47 Hotels in Sandton
Brussels, Belgium
“Good hotel in central location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Rooms are nice and generally have a nice view across Sandton. Good central location to Sandton shopping centers as well as Gautrain.

Breakfast buffet in line with expectations but nothing special

Need to pay extra for parking

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
General M, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton, Johannesburg, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Good Day,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton on TripAdvisor.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our views across Sandton. We are delighted with our position in Sandton and happy that you found this positive too.

I look forward to welcoming you again when your travels bring you back to Johannesburg.

Volkan Vural

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Thai first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Stayed 2 nights at the hotel. The room is nice with a good view - was at the 21 floor.
The bed must say is very comfortable.
Te receptionist lady who checked me in was great. So the lady at the breakfast counter asking for my room. She really gave me a genuine smile.
Unfortunately the rest of the restaurant employees are average. No good morning no smile.
Breakfast was good but croissants and pastry a bit dry. Taste like from the day before. Guess they are purchased.
You fix the restaurant you get 5 stars

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
General M, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton, Johannesburg, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Good Day,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to hear that you received our "Yes I Can!" Service from our reception and breakfast counter staff however it is concerning to hear that the remainder of the staff did not live up to the standards we require of them.

I will address this with the necessary team members to get this back on track.

I do hope that you will notice an improvement upon your next stay with us.

Bideford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Can't fault this hotel other than I didn't find the staff that friendly or helpful . This hotel is smart , modern , clean , and a pleasure to stay in , the pool area is great overlooking joburg , the gym is the best I've ever experienced in any hotel ( even has a running track) . It's close by to a shopping centre with great restaurants , bars . The area is safe but !!! Be aware

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Good Day,

I am extremely happy that you enjoyed you time with us, especially the out door pool deck and our gym facility.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Johannesburg when your travels bring you back to the area.

uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Modern and kept clean. Good location for business and leisure with possibly the best hotel gym I've ever used. Only downside is the staff. They are incredibly rude and not what you would expect from a 5 * hotel or the Radisson chain. I have stayed here several times and unfortunately it's always the same. In fact, my 3 year old has better customer service skills. Disappointing.

• Stayed August 2014
Good Day,

I am happy to hear that you enjoy our facilities and surroundings however it is a concern that you have experienced some issues with our service levels and staff attitude.

I will be looking into this as a matter of urgency in order for us to ensure that this does not continue.

I appreciate your feedback and hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

the Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We stayed at the Radisson Blu for two nights as part of a short golf trip.

We had a room on the 14th floor with a nice Nespresso coffee maker and a good twin bed.

We unfortunately didn't make use of the gym but it looked great. Including a nice pool.

We didn't make use of the bar and restaurant but breakfast was super! We didn't have many better breakfast anywhere.

So great value for money we might use it again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Good Day,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy to hear that your stay was an enjoyable one and you enjoyed the facilities in your room and our Super Breakfast buffet.

We hope you will join us again when your travels bring you back to the area and be able to try out the remainder of our facilities too.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

As A business hotel certainly no complaints all that was required was there namely clean tidy room, good gym, nice breakfast.
Good location to Sandton area but as I was working near airport found traffic an issue

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
General M, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton, Johannesburg, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Good Day,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay with us along with the great on site gym and our Super Breakfast.

Johannesburg traffic is not great however I do hope that you will continue to stay with us and are able to possibly use the Guatrain as a means to eliminate traffic.

I look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I completely agree with the recent review from Goldfish86.

I, too, have been a regular customer to the Radisson Blu Sandton and have found that the service needs to improve for a hotel of this category. In particular, the service at the restaurant is just well below par. Simple things like clearing the table at the right time, asking the right questions, etc. are done in a very unprofessional manner. Some proper training is required here.

The rooms are ok, albeit subject to noise from the hallway.

The spa is more of a fitness centre that is not exclusive to hotel members. I had to buy a swimming cap for $80 to use the swimming pool. Does not sound like top service to me either...

All in all, definitely not the best Radisson Blu I've stayed in.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Good Day,

Thank you for reviewing the Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry to hear that your experiences with us have not been up to standard.

I have addressed your concerns with the necessary management in order for us to improve on the services we offer. We are grateful for your feedback as it allows us to address the areas of concern.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Johannesburg.

Volkan Vural

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton, Johannesburg? Share your experiences!