The hotel is easy to find, and very close to Nelson Mandela Square, we walked over a few times. There is a few take away places right accross the road if you dont fancy eating at the hotel restaurant. We ordered breakfast to our room which was unimpressive, yet very expensive. We didnt eat at the hotel restaurant so I cant comment, but we did have coctails at the Skybar which was very tasty, and they have intersting choices on the menu, although the saturday we were there they didnt have many of the ingredients so we had to pick a different coctail 3 times before they could make it.
Our room was on the 8th floor and the view was very good, the room was spacious, and neat and the bed very comfy. We had a bath shower combo and also his and hers basins. The water pressure was a bit low in the shower and basins, I guess it is made that way to preserve water. The room was fairly soundproof and we werent bothered by noise at all. The staff were very friendly and keen to help whenever they could.
We also parked our car securely in the basement at R40 per day.
All in all it was a very comfortable stay and pleasant experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Sandton, Rivonia Road offers premier quality and service, providing the ultimate in comfort and style, while aiming to create a positively unforgettable guest experience, allowing you to just be yourself! Experience an unsurpassed warm and friendly welcome upon entering this luxurious Sandton hotel. Conveniently located in Sandton Central, the heart of Gauteng's corporate, financial and shopping Mecca and highly sought after destination for the cosmopolitan individual. Located within walking distance from Sandton City Shopping Centre, the Holiday Inn Sandton, Rivonia Road is also situated conveniently near the head offices of some of South Africa's most important corporate businesses, including Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE), Deutsche Bank, ABN Amro Bank and Nedbank. Holiday Inn Sandton, Rivonia Road is also central to the Sandton Convention Centre; Sandton City, one of the largest shopping centres in the southern hemisphere, and Nelson Mandela Square; which offers a diverse range of restaurants, shops, entertainment and vibrant nightlife. The Gauteng Train Station is a stone's throw away. Therefore this Sandton hotel offers the ideal base for the business and leisure traveler. Whether you're overnighting for business or leisure, or simply enjoying sundowner cocktails or dinner with friends, Holiday Inn Sandton, Rivonia Road provides a memorable experience catering for all your requirements! You're at the heart of everything we do! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and South African Hotels so you can book your Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road Hotel Sandton
- Holiday Inn Sandton - Rivonia Road Greater Johannesburg