“"lovely"” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Amadwala Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Roodepoort
Amadwala Lodge
203 Pierre Road, Wilgespruit | Honeydew, Roodepoort 2040, South Africa   |
johannesburg
“"lovely"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

on christmas day, me and my husband decided to go somewhere for christmas lunch. to avoid a messy house. i had found Amadwala and booked. it was very cheap. apon arrival i was greeted with friendly faces and the smell of ham in the air. we sat in the boma and had helped ourselves to heaps of food as one does on christmas. The food was tasty . staff where a bit slow - but at least they where able to make a few good tips in-order for them too to have a good christmas. The only complaint i do have however is the attitude and disrespect some people have. a family sitting to my left sought out to "bully" the owner of the place ( i have never seen such behavior in my life) . I guess there is always one. Me and my husband are going back to Amadwala to look at it for his 40th birthday. the rooms look beautiful too. keep up the hard work guys. OH and P.S - the only thing my stomach felt after eating your food was full and happy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Johannesburg, South Africa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

The Christmas Lunch Buffet which was hosted by Amadwala Lodge on 25.12.2012, was such a disappointment. There was no organisation, it was totally understaffed by persons who appeared to have never worked as waiters previously and the woman in charge, was aggressive and disinterested. Only about half of the dishes that were advertised, were provided and the remainder was poorly prepared and soaking in oil. Three of our party of four, had upset stomachs after eating the food.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Roodepoort, Gauteng, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Strange how often we pass places without take note, and then one day as they usually do a taxi came to hold in front of you and then you notice the places around you.
This happen a while ago while sitting in my car waiting for a taxi off load all his passengers. I notice Amadwala Lodge and this was literally 7km away from my house, a little get away in the bush.
I booked a weekend and later after reading the reviews I felt very weary. I spoke to my husband and he said lets go and see for ourselves and take it from there.
Wow big was my surprise, a place in the city but yet in the bush, the view was awesome and what made the place was no TV’s or radio to spoil the bush feeling.
Yes you hear the cars but bare in mind you are in the city, if you stay in a fancy hotel or guest house you bound to still hear cars pass by.
The peace you experience while you in the “bushveld” and the view it was just amazing. So don’t read the reviews just go and experience Amadwala for yourself. The staff is amazing and Christine the owner made our stay memorable.
Christine thanks to you and your staff you are 100% in my books and we will definitely visit you again.
Johan & Rina

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg, Gauteng
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

WOW what a place!!!!! Me and my boyfriend were looking to go away for a long weekend for my birthday, and came across Amadwala from friends who visited the place earlier in the year. Not only did it cost less than what we budgeted for, but exceeded our expectations. I decided to share my amazing experiance with everyone here and scrolled through all the coments on Amadwala and i must admit i see nothing but good comments :) except two but those people must of been at the wrong place, or dont know great fun and a good deal even if it slaped them in the face!!! Chris and Staff, i wanna give many thanks to you guys for making this a great time, and trust me i will be back soon. Keep up the great work.

Room Tip: the cabins are too die for!!!! so romantic :) we had a romantic turn down prepared for us with some...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

It was my birthday and I wanted to have a proper celebration, but alas, it is really really dangerous to drink and drive (and more so in Jhb)!
I looked around and decided on Amadwala as my venue of choice, where i could get a group booking discount and where we could all celebrate and have a night away from the kids without going too far from home.

Christine is an incredible host and will go that extra mile ... all you need to do is plan ahead, know what you want, and just ask, she will do her utmost to accommodate!
She arranged a big screen tv in the bar for the boys to watch their rugby, then we moved onto Singstar (supplied by the lodge, also on the big screen), we then moved to a bon fire and continued to sing along to a friends guitar - it was a day/night to remember.

I had consulted on a menu before the time, pre-arranging dinner (starter, main, dessert) and a pool deck breakfast the next morning! The food was delicious, real home-cooked flavour and taste.

The rooms, not that we spent much time in them, were wonderful - spa bath in my lodge, a nice treat!
The gardens are amazing, this was a great contribution to my final decision! They even have a nesting pair of Paradise Flycatchers, too beautiful! So many exotic, lush, extraordinary trees and plantlife. Thus, after a heavy night of birthday party celebrations, a peaceful & tranquil breakfast on the deck next to the crystal blue pool was precisely what we needed.

Thank you Christine & The Amadwala Staff for your care and attention!
We look forward to seeing you again!

Room Tip: Just remember to express what you want (ahead of time if you can), they will go to the nth degree to...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Johannesburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Our experience was great. I must admit that I was skeptical after reading the reviews but my experience was good. Chris was excellent host. The personal touch and friendliness of the staff made it worthwhile. My kids enjoyed the experience and would love to go back. Chris's hospitality was amazing. She taught my son to ride a quad bike at no cost and took my daughter to feed the fish and she set up dinner for us at the top deck which was amazing. Great value for the ,money spent.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful place, warm and friendly people, a great place to kick back and take in the whole bush experience without traveling hours! No wild animals here though :) great escape from the city ! The Lodge is run by Christine who is dedicated in keeping her patrons satisfied down to the last detail! Breakfast can be served privately on your deck as we chose this option and enjoyed it thoroughly. Excursions can be arranged, our stay was only overnight , too short! Perhaps next time we will check in for a longer stay and enjoy soaking up the sun around the pool sipping on cocktails ! Next time! Thankyou Christine , family and staff, I would highly recommend your Lodge. I would also like to mention, which was mentioned to me that Amadwala Lodge caters for functions such as weddings, conferences, bachelors, 21st parties , company team building and various other activities!

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Amadwala Lodge? Share your experiences!