“Listen to the Guineafowls” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 13 Rivonia B&B and Inns
Nuremberg, Germany
“Listen to the Guineafowls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed 8 weeks in JHB for business. After one week I finally found my way to the Rivonia B&B and I've never regret it.
The rooms are clean and nice, the garden is wonderful and the staff is very heartily and helpful. The weekends I spent there didn't really feel like a business trip. To cut it short it is a lovely place and the service is outstanding.
They even made my 30th birthday, I had to spend far away from my husband, family and friends, a very enjoyable day.
It is almost a home away from home.
Arlette

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

245 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I recently had the wonderful experience of staying at Rivonia bed and breakfast as part of a two week work course I had to attend in JHB. Being a fitness athlete these two hectic weeks unfortunately came at a very crucial time as I was busy preparing for one of the biggest fitness shows for 2012.

After mentioning to the staff that it was difficult to cope with studying and preparing food for the day and not being able to train they suggested that they will prepare and package all my meals as I’m not making use of their inclusive breakfast.

This exceeded my expectations and did not only contribute but made it possible for me to win Miss SA Extreme 2012.

I can recommend Rivonia bed and breakfast not only to anyone in the fitness industry but to anyone who wants to stay at a place that will go beyond of what’s expected of them in making your stay as comfortable as possible and in doing this helping you to maintain life as close to normal away from home!

Excellent service will definitely see me again in the near future.

Marike Steyn

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at Rivonia Bed and Breakfast. The staff were phenomenal. The room was very clean and the Breakfast was out of this word !! Thanks to Fillitah and Zani.
i will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Kigali, Rwanda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I have been to Jo'burg a couple of times but I must say I had never been as comfortable. Rivonia B&B is very classy and importantly not too big to be impersonal. I really enjoyed the gardens and the birds which made me forget I was in one of the busiest cities in the world. The shuttle service was very efficient meaning that the hotel is convenient regardless of where one wants to conduct their business in Rivonia or Sandton.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Johannesburg can be quite a hectic city - lots of traffic and noise and at times nerve wracking to navigate your way around from one concrete shopping centre to another...so it was an absolute pleasure to enjoy the home from home feeling and peaceful tranquility of Rivonia B&B. Conveniently located to Sandton and set in lush gardens that are filled with beautiful trees and bird life, this oasis of calm is the perfect antidote to a busy day out in Johannesburg. We would start our day off with an amazing breakfast buffet that included any hot breakfast items we wanted. Then on to a bit of playtime for our young daughters who would run around the vast gardens exploring before we would head out. The B&B is very child friendly and the staff could not have been more helpful or polite. Whether it was local information we needed or some help with transport, they were always at hand to help out. The free Wi-fi was a bonus too and the laundry facilities are reasonable and efficient. The in-room facilities are also great, with plenty of tea and coffee and and a microwave to sort out dinner if we didn't feel like going out. An important requirement for us was decent security - the property is very secure and the area is well-patrolled.
We will definitely stay here agin and highly recommend it to anyone looking for somewhere reasonable, comfortable and thoroughly pleasant to stay in the JHB area.

Room Tip: If you are a family of four or more, then look into booking rooms 1 &2. They are joined by a sin...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bulawayo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Rivonia B&B has been our second home, whenever we come to Johannesburg we always stay there. It is a very secure place, very close to the shopping malls. The B&B shuttle service is very useful to us who do not want to drive in Johannesburg.

The staff and management are very friendly and always there to help. The rooms are very clean. We thought we would freeze in Johannesburg only to find that they do have underfloor heating in all rooms. Some rooms are full self-catering making it feel like a real home, you can even make a cooked meal. Irons & ironing boards,hair driers, everything you expect in a room.

Zani and Fillitah are very helpful and they provide everything you ask for. Gerard has his B&B in his heart. He is always in the breakfast room making guest capuccino and talking to them. Everyone always have a smile. The gardesn are lovely. We will always stay at this B&B whenever we are in Johannesburg. The nearest mall is a walking distance and everything is available there. Their shuttle service even takes you there for free.

Room Tip: All rooms are perfect!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
jillymSouthAfrica, Owner at Rivonia Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Thank you for this great review! We're so pleased to hear all these good things. You're so welcome whenever you visit and we hope to see you again soon. The weather is warming up and the garden will be a blaze of colour very soon. Best regards from the Rivonia B&B team.
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

i am from Cairo Egypt , i was in business trip for a week, it was really nice to stay @ Rivonia. staff was very welcoming and taking care of every detail in my stay , transportation , dietary limitations and providing help as much as they can. room was really clean , organized and it provides every way to feel comfort and at home. for sure i would like to go to Rivonia B&B again.

Emad Wahib

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Owner at Rivonia Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
We're so glad you felt at home with us. We also appreciate that you took the time to tell us what you liked about our guest house. Our staff are really special. Praise always inspires us to do even better. Best regards from the Rivonia B&B team.

Been to Rivonia Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!