“Best kept secret in RSA. We always book when in country. Home away from home.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rivonia Bed & Breakfast

You added Rivonia Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Rivonia Bed & Breakfast
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   3 River Rd, (Edenburg), Rivonia 2128, South Africa   |
Ranked #1 of 12 Rivonia B&B and Inns
Tucson, Arizona
“Best kept secret in RSA. We always book when in country. Home away from home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

As noted this a home away from home. Owners and staff are fully engaged in making a stay the most comfortable and relaxing as possible.

Room Tip: Have yet to have a bad room.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
jillymSouthAfrica, Owner at Rivonia Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. So glad you like Rivonia Bed & Breakfast. Gerard and I enjoyed hearing your USA news as we have family there too. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

I spent over four weeks in one stretch and I loved every day. The setup is excellent for people like me who need a home away from home. Great location and facilities. The outstanding bit is the personalized service which is not too invasive.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
jillymSouthAfrica, Owner at Rivonia Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
We are so glad you felt at home at Rivonia Bed & Breakfast. Four weeks is a long time to be away from friends and family. Thank you for taking the time to write to us. We, the owners, and our hard working staff, love to bask in in the warmth of kind words. They make us try even harder. Please visit us again!
Weinheim
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Just from recieving answers to my questions via mail, I felt warmly welcome to the Rivonia Bed and Breakfast. Travelling alone and coming to Johannesburg was a bit of a worry for me. I was picked up at the airport, transfered to my tour start and being picked up again after the end. That made it really easy and save for me.
The wonderful breakfast, which I missed on my first stay, made me feel like being in heaven. One of the best breakfast I ever had within a stay.
Many thanks to Filltah and Zani for the warm welcome, even not knowing me.
I will definetly recommend my stay at the Rivonia Bed and Breakfast to anyone travelling to Johannesburg needing a stay.

I had a relaxing and wonderful time with you.

Room Tip: Very clean rooms, wonderful to have this luxery after a 16 day camping tour.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
jillymSouthAfrica, Owner at Rivonia Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 12, 2011
We're so glad we could welcome and spoil you after a long camping trip. Also, we try our best to make our breakfasts an exciting experience, so thanks for the compliment. Some of our guests have actually contributed recipes & ideas for the menu - which makes for an interesting variety of dishes. Do visit us again!
Brno, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I have stayed at Rivona B&B probably five or six times over the past three years and have always been extremely satisfied. The staff has always been attentive, polite, and professional. Management and the owners run it in a very hands-on way that makes you as a guest feel as if you belong. As a business traveler, this is important to me. At the same time, the property is large enough that you can fade into the background if you wish to have privacy. The rooms are efficient and kept clean and are equipped with everything you would require for a week or longer stay. I prefer the rooms that were built as part of the recent new construction, the top floor rooms offer a great view of the valley and are airy and tastefully decorated. Also, breakfast is a real treat, great selection. I no longer stay at Rivonia as I purchased a house in the area but I still go there for breakfast most of mornings when in the area and I am still treated as a welcome guest. Anyhow, great place, you'd be hard pressed to find a better place, highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
jillymSouthAfrica, Owner at Rivonia Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 7, 2011
Your review on Rivonia Bed & Breakfast was much appreciated, it was a pleasure to host you. We're so glad you bought in the neighbourhood. Pop in for breakfast any time. We now have galettes on the menu!
JHB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Hi Gerard, Filltah, Zani and Staff

My 2 boys and I have stayed at RIVONIA B&B for the last 2 weeks. In this time we have had the most wonderful time. It has felt like home away from home. The staff are extremely accommodating, professional and always courteous. The room we stayed in was immaculately clean and comfortable. We loved watching the birds in the garden and walking in the garden outside the room we stayed in. Let's not even talk about the delicious breakfasts!

Thank you for making our stay filled with so much warmth and kindness. If ever we needed accommodation in Rivonia again, I would not hesitate to make this establishment my choice of stay.
Caroline

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
jillymSouthAfrica, Owner at Rivonia Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
Thank you so much for the glowing review. It was such a pleasure having you and your family stay with us. Please come again!
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

Over 8 years now we keep on coming back to Rivonia B&B and - again - the stay was just perfect. Thank you, Rivonia B&B team...!!!

PS: The "full house omlette" is my favorite for breakfast.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
We all like to see the 'Rivonia B&B family' come back time and again. You are always welcome and we'll have the full-house omelettes waiting for you!
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

Stayed at the Rivonia B&B while on a long business trip, The staff treated me like I was staying at home. Had the opportunity to bring my wife over for a portion of the stay and we both loved the hospitality of the staff. They would do anything from setting up week end safaris to Gerard wanting to make me cappuccino every morning. Had the opportunity to travel to other cities in the country and really felt like I was back home when I returned to the Rivonia. Planning another trip to the Rivonia B&B next month.

Room Tip: Upper rooms have balcony overlooking gardens
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to Rivonia Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!