“Still unbelievable!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 323 restaurants in Pretoria
Cuisines: French, Italian, Mediterranean, Fusion
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: La Pentola established in 1995 is the perfect venue for executive chef/owner Shane Sauvage's authentic fusion cuisine. The atmosphere is cozy, romantic and relaxed. All food is prepared to order, using only the very best quality ingredients, real butter, fresh cream and fresh herbs.Yes absolutely no MSG! The menu by internationally renowned executive Chef/ Patron & award winning author Shane Sauvage,comprises of a large variety of fresh seafood (Mozambique Style Prawns, free range cuts of beef (KWV Fillet, hand made pasta, exotic game dishes, a great selection of vegetarian fare (Aztec Mushrooms) and a decadent selection of in-house deserts (Chocolate Terrine). La Pentola offers a Diamond award wine list with a large variety of local and international wines. We are an A la Carte restaurant that also caters for corporate functions, intimate weddings and special occasions. Open Monday to Sunday Lunch & Dinner.
Pretoria, South Africa
“Still unbelievable!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Last night my family and I went to La Pentola to celebrate my Moms birthday. The evening was perfect in every way. The explosion of flavours blows my mind EVERY TIME. I tried the curry pot it was crazy delicious. Thank you for an amazing evening! P.s The liver starter and mussel starter is amazing. Mmmm yum!

79% Recommend
Pretoria, South Africa
“Date Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I was driving past and saw the La Pentola sign. Because my wife and I try to eat out once a week, I decided to try them. I booked a table and arrived at about 7pm.
The waiter was excelent, he brought us the wine menu, we ordered cocktails which promptly arrived. He then took time to explain exactly how the specials as well as items on the main menu were prepared.
Our starters arrived and normally the wife and I get to taste each others choice of starter. This time there was no chance of that. We agreed that we did not want to share as the taste was superb. We both ordered medium rare steak, and it was the first time ever that I ordered medium rare and the chef got it right first time. He did not get it right by chance, because both our steaks were perfectly cooked.
I will be visiting La Pentola again soon.
Well done chef, waiter and front of the house.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Memorable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Our two year anniversary! We drove from Jhb to eat at this amazing little restaurant! Food as great as ever even after so many years! Never had a bad experience. Absolutely delicious food! Waiter was very professional! Owners friendly. Thank you Sauvage family!

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
“Superb food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

We visit La Pentola about once a month and the food is consistently excellent. The chef, Karel, is a magician when it comes to pairing wine with food. Some of the more memorable dishes we have experienced are calamari and mussels in delicate green curry sauce; strawberry sorbet with honey and black pepper; coffee creme brûlée; and fillet steak with black olive mousse. These are my descriptions of the foods, not the real titles, which I have forgotten. The wine list is excellent, and the cocktails are wonderful. It is great that the chef comes out from the kitchen to interact with the diners a bit. Chef Shane is sometimes there in winter, and his cooking is entirely different, more unusual but also excellent (think steak with dark chocolate and almond sauce...). We look forward to our next visit and what surprises the menu will bring.

Visited November 2013
Pretoria
“A wonderful find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We had the most amazingly delicious meal in this restaurant! Everything was perfect and all the food was delicious! Thanks to all at La Pentola for making this such a memorable experience. We shall be spreading the word.

• Visited October 2013