“Nice location but the food” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Farm Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pretoria
The Farm Inn
You added The Farm Inn to your Saves list
Silverlakes Road, Pretoria 0041, South Africa   |
Ranked #25 of 68 Hotels in Pretoria
NY
“Nice location but the food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I was only eating in this big resort/farm, and not sleeping so i cannot say anything about rooms and so on, the place is well manteined and quite elegant. I was not impressed by the food at all and i found it very greasy and was not acceptable by a place like this

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

The rooms are terrible , if you like 60s furniture and the smell from the gym of the old age home then pick room 46!! The last room in path. Not worth the money we spent per persons per night here. The only saving grace is the waffle that I ate for breakfast

Stayed December 2013
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

On our recent trip to South Africa, my partner and I stopped here for a beer on our way back to our hotel. We were really impressed with the hotel, it was great fun to see the animals. When we saw the standard of the rooms we immediately wished that we were staying here - it was so much nicer than the Protea in Centurion! Lesson Learned - next time we stay at this fantastic hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Gauteng
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I just spent one night with my mom and daughter, we stayed in a 2 bedroom unit. The accommodation was comfortable and neat.
The website and other sites underplay Farm Inn - it surpassed my expectations. I have been to many 4 star establishments and this was definitely at the top end. There was lots to do for my daughter and we went on an amazing game drive for just about nothing.
It is a lot bigger than expected and is a fantastic place for conferences and events like weddings and parties.
The service was excellent.
I have decided to go back at least every 2 months for a weekend or longer.
For around R1000 a night with breakfast and only 45 min from Jhb - it's a treat.
Location is breath taking

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed here for one night in October. Would definitely go back and would stay for longer. The staff on reception are extremely friendly and helpful, the gardens and buildings are beautiful and the animals are awesome. The room itself was amazing and tastefully decorated.
I was able to do a cheetah experience on short notice after I arrived - thanks to the efficiency of the staff. They also advised me well in advance of a change to the time I would do this experience. This is an incredible opportunity to interact with a truly amazing animal. The game keepers are friendly and knowledgeable and prepared to answer questions and take photos. If you do get the opportunity to do this please be respectful of the opportunity you've been given to get up close with this beautiful cat.
The reception area is a sight to behold. Some of the lions who lived at the farm have been stuffed and now hold pride of place as you walk into the building. There are many pictures, carvings, sculptures and paintings throughout the foyer and lounge area that continue the animal and African theme.The restaurant continues the theme of the rest of the premises. The food is very good, as is the service.
Farm Inn, as well as being a hotel is also involved in important conservation work. Game drives around the property help to raise people's awareness of conservation issues for some of the animals at the farm, such as lions, leopards, cheetah and wild dogs and they are part of breeding work as well. Some of the animals, such as the white lions, won't ever be able to be released into the wild but they serve an important educative purpose.
I did the morning game drive on the day I checked out. Dion is an excellent guide, friendly and very knowledgeable about the animals. It is obvious he cares about the animals and the work. The animals are well-cared for and the enclosures are well-maintained and quite large to allow the animals to move around freely. The giraffes, wildebeest and other herbivores free-range in the grounds.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Gold Coast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Came here on a Sunday on our last day in Pretoria before heading back to Australia. Our family who live in Pretoria did not even know this place existed right in Pretoria.
The game drive was rather was on the average side, quite sad to see such large beautiful animals cooped up in cages. It felt like more of a zoo than a 'game park' The driver was was knowledgeable and you can see that he enjoys his job however at the same time you could see he was going through the motions for the umpteenth time that day.
The Sunday lunch was excellent, so much food and so much variety. I loved the fact there was so much South African cuisine-would highly recommend this place for lunch as the food was excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Conferencing started out on a bad note, got to the conference room and sound did not work. Took 3 technicians and 2 hours later to have the problem sorted. Rest room facilities around the conference area is not efficient especially if a big group is being hosted.

The accommodation made up for it, beautiful rooms, big bathrooms, comfortable beds. Only disappointment was that wifi is not free. One would expect an establishment like this would have at least free wifi.

I did not have time to do the game drive, but heard from other guest that its worth it, food was good, service a bit slow.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Farm Inn? Share your experiences!