“Best little Guest House in Pretoria” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rozenhof Guest House

Rozenhof Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pretoria
Rozenhof Guest House
You added Rozenhof Guest House to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   525 Alexander St | Brooklyn, Pretoria 2004, South Africa   |
Ranked #68 of 302 Pretoria B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best little Guest House in Pretoria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is one of my favorite places to stay while in Pretoria. The Guest house in the suburb of Brooklyn and is a gem. There are 7 guest rooms and 2 villas (better for families with kids). The breakfasts are custom made for each guest and dinners can be ordered for an extra change. The staff remembers every guest by name and their preferences. The furnishing are lovely period pieces and the extra care extended to each guests' comfort is remarkable. Great wireless internet service is available for a small daily fee, so it's perfect for the business traveler. Small, affordable, safe, clean, well maintained rooms, pool and garden. In the spring and summer you can have breakfast on the back patio.

Room Tip: To me the best room in the house is #7 on the ground floor that opens to its own patio. But many of...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Fantastic place to stay for 2 weeks. Food, service, attention, speedof wifi, CNN, movies - you get the customer service you wish for. Kept my valuables locked up - saw no need to tempt anyone. This is the place of choice for a businessman or woman.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Knysna, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed in this beautiful establishment for one night only,but truly wished it could be longer. The bedroom was comfy,the food delicious,and everything just perfect. I had a a lovely dinner,with the most delicious apple pie for dessert. I will defenitely come again,and recommend Rozenhof.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Our family was delighted to stay at such a beautiful guest house. The staff here are very accommodating and we were pleased with the service they provided. We stayed in the guest cottage for two weeks and it truly felt like home during our stay. Our three children loved the pool and the cookies they put out in the afternoons. Unfortunatly during our stay my husbands boots went missing. He distinctly remembers removing them to wear more comfortable walking shoes and when we returned later they were gone. The reception desk and manager assured us they would "look into" what may have happened to them. After several days (our stay was 2 weeks) there was no explanation or resolution. The manager questioned whether we were sure the boots were even brought on our trip!! We were later told that management does not assume responsibility for items missing in rooms and that there are safes provided for each guest. It is true there are disclosure signs stating they don't assume responsibility, however unless they provide locking wardrobe safes there is no way shoes/clothes can be put in a safe. I find it ridiculous that the conclusion is your clothing and personal items cannot be safe guarded. My husbands company frequently uses this guest house for colleagues and we have notified them of the issue. We will not be staying here again. The price of a two week stay, plus new $200 heavy duty hiking boots is not worth it!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Stopped here for 6 weeks due to working in South Africa.

I stopped in room 1, had no balcony but it was at the end of the corridor which I preferred.

Large room, deep tub, comfy bed and very clean, all that I needed.

The rest of the B&B was very clean and well decorated. The gardens were very nice and pool looks good, although it didn't feel good when I had a dip for the whole part of 2 mins, was freezing. Will warm up in the summer months.

The best thing about the B&B is the staff. Everyone of the staff are so friendly and will do anything for you.

Had breakfast and evening meal every day for 6 weeks and I did not have a bad meal.

Would definately recommend this B&B to anybody either attending South Africa for business or leisure.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

My stay at Rozenhof was arranged by my company as I was travelling for work purposes. The staff were very friendly and make every effort to make their guests feel at home.
The rooms are spacious, quiet, all air conditioned and very comfortable. I don't think I have slept that well anywhere else in South Africa - marvellous! Fantasic breakfast included in the price and again the staff will try and accomodate any dietary preferences or requirements. The fresh bakes were a daily treat - I still miss them - all baked on site and absolutely delicious. They also provide a decent dinner (pre-ordered).
The location is great, easily accessible, almost in the centre of Brooklyn but quiet enough to forget the proximity. There is a decent pool but no gym facility. Although there is no business centre as such, the staff are happy to oblige with faxing etc and the wifi is one of the fastest I have found in Pretoria.
The highlight of this charming guesthouse for me was the garden, beautiful and tranquil enough to relax you after the most stressful day. I stayed here as a lone female on my first trip to South Africa and would recommend the Rozenhof without reservation.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

I came to Pretoria in feb 2010. It was my first trip to South Africa. I came as a business traveler. Rozenhof was my first impression of South Africa, and I loved it. The breakfast is amazing: Fresh fruit, freshly made pastries, meats, eggs to order. Also on weekends Kathy and/or Katherine may prepare some special desserts (all freshly made onsite). As well, they also have a small pool in the back. The rooms are immaculate. Service was exceptional.
Also as a solo female traveler I felt very safe there. The staff went above and beyond to make my trip enjoyable, and to advise me of places to avoid and where not to walk. I spent 3 weeks at the Roz and would definitely return and recommend it.
I now live in Pretoria but still miss the food there!!
They do not have a business center per se but will accommodate you should you need to send a fax. There is wi-fi for a fee. Other than the rooms in the main guest house, they also have self contained cottages for larger groups or families.
They do not have a restaurant but breakfast is included and they also provide dinner on special order that they make on site.
There is free and secured parking should you have a car.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Been to Rozenhof Guest House? Share your experiences!