“Good experience” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
“Good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The restaurant has a very nice atmosphere, the food was very good (good variety, quality, and portion size) and the service was acceptable. A place I will definitely go back to.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cape Town
“One of the better places in Lynwood Bridge”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

I have tried most of the restaurants at Lynwood Bridge and have found them to be mostly bland and lacking in character. I think this one does the job better than the others. I ordered the Teriyaki burger after seeing a rave review on this site. I actually expected something a bit more unusual and spicy, but nonetheless, it was well prepared, with lovely fresh avo. The Clarens draught beer they serve is brilliant.

Visited June 2014
Roodepoort, South Africa
“Bad service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I'm not a big fan of this Tribeca. Been here before and had bad service. And again I have to ask to be helped. And sitting and waiting I can hear customers around me not happy that they haf to wait 20 min for a cup of coffee. This is a stunning venue. Why can't management wake up.

Pretoria, South Africa
“Bad service and variable quality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We have eaten at Tribeca Standard often because it is conveniently located close to where we live. In the beginning we were happy with the food and service we received, but the last few visits have been iffy, and today was the last straw. We will not go back to Tribeca Standard again.

Here are a few examples as to why:

1) On the menu is a "Heat Seeker" burger - the menu describes it as coming with "fire roasted chilli". The first time I tried it, it was fantastic - with great heat from the chilli. The second time I ordered it, it came with an insipid red pepper relish, and when I asked why the original chilli sauce had been replaced, the server was rude to me and told me that people had complained that the sauce was too spicy. It is difficult to understand why the restaurant changed a recipe to accommodate milder tastes when the menu clearly describes it as a spicy dish.

2) We ate there one evening and ordered sesame prawns. They had a crispy coating, and after biting into one, my partner discovered that the prawns were undercooked and that the thick veins had not been removed. When we called the manager over he joked that this was the third plate of prawns that were sent back that evening. Surely anyone in the restaurant industry would know that it is unsafe to serve improperly cleaned and undercooked shellfish?

3) This morning we went for breakfast. We ordered 4 drinks - one arrived after 5 minutes, while the rest took another 15 minutes to arrive. We ordered our breakfasts - upon arrival, my partner's order was incorrect and had to be sent back. His order arrived 10 minutes later, and then 20 minutes later, another server came to our table with a third plate of food and asked us exasperatedly who had ordered it. When we went to pay the bill we had to have it corrected because of extra items being charged.

These days chaos reigns amongst the staff and in the kitchen. There is no consistency with the food. The venue itself is ideally located and someone obviously put a lot of thought into the décor and the menu. However, when one goes out to eat, you just want to have a nice time. The past few experiences we have had at Tribeca Standard were unpleasant and I would recommend that you spare yourself the annoyance and irritation and go somewhere else.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Pretoria, South Africa
“Tribeca”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

What a disappointment. Looked forward to a great dish I read about and drove the distance to them to experience it for myself..... French toast with bacon, blueberries. The bacon was burnt and everything tasted like burnt something. Not once did someone come to my table to ask if all was well. Nit worth the effort to drive there again, and do not get me started on the parking in the centre.........

Visited May 2014