A very basic inn suitable for short stopovers if you need to be in the area. The office parks of Eastern Pretoria are just over the freeway, which is inaudible from the hotel, as is the giant Menlyn shopping center.
The rooms are tiny and sparsely equipped. I can't remember when last I was in a hotel room with one standard double bed. Couples sharing will be very much on top of each other. The cleaning is fine but with old-style sheets and blankets on the bed. It's best not to inspect the blankets too closely. A very significant omission for business travellers is an in-room safe.
Breakfast is simple but fine. Staff were good too and there is a pool and free computer if needed. Room service from the attached restaurant was quick and reasonably priced but the food was awful.
Fine for a single-night stopover but I'd need a spectacularly good price deal to keep me here longer.
- Also Known As:
- Town Lodge Menlo Park Hotel Pretoria
- Town Lodge Menlo Park Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the upmarket suburb of Menlo Park with a restaurant on the property. The hotel is conveniently located 3 minutes from the Menlyn Park Shopping Centre, 10 minutes from the Pretoria CBD, very close to trendy Hatfield for restaurants and entertainment and also a short drive to Loftus Sports Stadium. The hotel is just 1 minute away from the N1 motorway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Travelocity and HotelsClick so you can book your Town Lodge Menlo Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.