“Very Comfrtable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Town Lodge Menlo Park

You added Town Lodge Menlo Park to your Saves list
Town Lodge Menlo Park
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   cnr Atterbury & Klarinet Roads | PO Box 36866, Pretoria 0102, South Africa   |
Ranked #26 of 67 Hotels in Pretoria
Pune, India
“Very Comfrtable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed in town lodge menlopark for most of my visit to pretoria. Very nice hotel with menlopark mall in the nearby area. hotel is good for business traveler and value for money for the service it provides. though would like to see little bit more varieties during breakfast time i would recommend a good hotel to stay if you visit pretoria.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

A pretty basic hotel but comfortable with good customer service. The pool area is really nice! The staff were very friendly and eager to assist. I had room-service from the Dros and I must say, it was very fast and piping hot.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Better than I expected. Clean, comfortable and cosy rooms. Good shower pressure. Liked the fact that there was both a square and round power point socket in the room. Could do with more milk in the tea / coffee tray.

• Stayed August 2012
Somerset West, South Africa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I have just had a most disappointing stay at the Town Lodge in Menlo Park - not the first time I've stayed there and each time before was great! This time I was given a smoking room which stank to high heaven of smoke and the only response to my complaint was "we'll put the ozone machine in your room" - which did nothing at all to lessen the stink. I had to soak the ashtray beside the bed. Instead of being pleased to get home every evening, I reluctantly went home to the smoky room. I do not appreciate this kind of service. And the irony..... the current slogan at the hotel is "We are kind"!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
CityLodgeJHB, Public Relations Manager at Town Lodge Menlo Park, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for your posting regarding Town Lodge Menlo. We are sorry to hear about your smoking room experience. Please accept our apologies.This will be taken up with management at the hotel. You say that you are a regular guest at this hotel and that your other experiences have been good ones. Rest assured that we will be doing our best to make your next stay another good one.
Cape Town
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Nothing exceptional, but as long as they keep the rooms spotless as they are, we will return. It is convenient, familiar and adequate. Tip - find somewhere better to eat than the on-site Dros!

Room Tip: Rooms near the stairwells can be a bit noisy due to rowdy guests, if this bothers you ask for a room...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Shelly Beach, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

We stayed at the Town Lodge Menlo Park for a night en-route to Sun City. This hotel is conveniently located close to the freeway, so it was ideal for our purposes. The room was your typical no-frills hotel room, clean and comfortable. It is close to the Menlyn Park shopping centre, which was convenient for finding somewhere to eat. (We had previously had a bad meal at the Dros which is next door, so opted for a meal elsewhere this time) We chose not to have breakfast at the hotel in the morning, but were pleasantly surprised to be offered a brown bag with a complimentary muffin and apple when we checked out in the morning - I thought this was a nice touch.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

Positives:

Great location, next to freeway, nice restaurant next-door, and close to the Menlyn Park Shopping Centre.

Price is reasonable for the area.

Rooms are small but have all the basics you need.

Negatives:

We were very disappointed with the service and attitude at the front desk. I made an online booking the morning of our stay and paid by credit card at the time of the booking. We have stayed in the Town/City Lodge groups often and it has never been a problem to find my booking, so I didn’t even print my booking confirmation. I am also part of their loyalty program, the lodger club. The lady at the front desk “Lethu” couldn’t find my booking using my surname, I then offered to go and find the reservation on the Town Lodge website using the business centre pc available. I came back with the reservation number – she still couldn’t find the booking.

I then asked her what to do now and she just stated that it clearly says in the “terms and conditions” when making an online booking that you have to print the booking confirmation. She kind of just left us standing there and her attitude was really one of arrogance rather than trying to assist us to sort out the problem.

I then offered again to go back to the business centre pc and print the actual confirmation from their website. According to Lethu the confirmation looked different from the normal confirmations but she suddenly now were able to give us a room.

My wife and I were really upset by then, and told her that we were not happy with the service and she again just referred us to the “terms and conditions”.

We were not given directions to our room and found the two guys booking in before us also coming down the stairs still trying to locate their room.

We found it strange that the Town Lodge booking system would not automatically update after an online booking.

To summarize:
We will definitely stay here again because of price and location; we hope it was just a bad experience with a specific person at the front desk.

But remember to print your booking confirmation!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Town Lodge Menlo Park? Share your experiences!