“Poor service and mediocre food” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 357 Restaurants in Pretoria
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Description: De Kloof Restaurant endeavours to break the mould in Pretoria and offers high quality food at great value, in a beautiful setting.
Pretoria, South Africa
“Poor service and mediocre food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Went to this restaurant as magazine reviews rated it highly. Our starter was mistakenly served to a table who arrived 30 minutes after us and who had ordered the "tasting menu"! We therefore waited an hour from being seated to getting first course. When we asked how this could happen the waiters answer was "easily"!! I had beef fillet which consisted of three thin pieces stacked and tough (I don't know how you produce tough fillet). My wife had the hake dish which was tasteless. The trio of creme brulee were "pourable" with the consistency of unwhipped cream. The spun sugar on my wife's desert was burnt. I will not be going back to this restaurant in a hurry!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Pretoria, South Africa
“Superb food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

An extraordinary evening! Our food was from highest quality and something out of this world! We enjoyed the sense of humor from the floor manager Precious! All the staff was pleasant! They had great knowledge of the menu to make recommendations! Great service from the waiters James and Leki! never an empty wine glass! We even received a little surprise for our anniversary! Definitely a restaurant we will visit again! Thank you for a delightful evening!

“Excellent restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were a bit wary after reading some negative critics about De Kloof. We took the risk and it really was worth it!!!We were amazed by the excellent food, beautiful setting and friendly service - especially Charl went out of his way to see to it that all guests were happy. The guests (12 people in total) all agreed that it was the best food they had eaten in Pretoria since years - beatifully presented and delicious! Thanks again for making the birthday party an unforgetable one!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pretoria, South Africa
“What an extra special evening!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

De Kloof is a stunning spot in Pretoria that I visit regularly. This weekend I was there with a group of close friends for a special occasion. We were spoiled by Charl and his capable team with beautiful food and an exquisite view. The service was excellent and my guests were pleasantly entertained. Thank you for fine dining at a different level, my friends are still complementing me on their amazing evening.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pretoria, South Africa
“Excellent Service and absolutely divine food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I would like to take this opportunity to commend De Kloof restaurant on its excellent service. I frequently deal with various venues and restaurants and I have to say De Kloof stands out from the rest by far. The staffs are friendly, helpful and very courteous. They also made my work in arranging the event so much easier. The food was absolutely divine, and the presentation thereof was so delightful. The venue is ideally situated and looks great. Our staff still comes to me raving about the venue, the food and the friendly and professional service. You made the day very special for our boss. Thank you all for all the hard work. We will definitely make use of your services in the future. Well done!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere