“Nice Business Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of City Lodge Hotel Lynnwood

You added City Lodge Hotel Lynnwood to your Saves list
City Lodge Hotel Lynnwood
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner Lynnwood and Daventry Roads | Lynnwood, Pretoria 0040, South Africa   |
Ranked #15 of 68 Hotels in Pretoria
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Nice Business Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Was on Business in Pretoria and chose the City Lodge. Rooms were OK and lots of Restaurants in the area for Food.
The location was good and a pleasure to get around. The area is safe and at night time a lot of action by the mall next to the Hotel.
There is some construction happening next to the Hotel at the moment but does not affect anybody after hours. So you can still have a good nights rest.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel Lynnwood, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review. We’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

This hotel was good value for money. The rooms are spacious and clean. The hotel had mostly business people when I stayed there and the dining area provides great space for small meetings. Although the hotel do not serve dinner there is a small shopping centre 20m walking from the front door. Here you can find restaurants or pop in to Woolworths for a self serve supper. The hotel serves a great breakfast offering a wide variety of choice. There is major building next to the hotel but I was never disturbed by the noise. The only down side was slow serves at booking in but it was at peak hour. I can recommend this hotel for a worth while stay.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel Lynnwood, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for the lovely review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.
Cape Town
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is my second time at the hotel and the first time was during construction and everything was chaos outside the hotel, just about the time the hotel was completed a few years back. I had a very comfortable stay this time around and although the hotel was busy, the service at reception was quick and friendly. I stayed in a room with a twin bed, which was spacious and had a good working air conditioner. There is no bar fridge in the room, just a kettle with coffee, tea and milk. The TV works well and shows some local channels and a few pay channels. There is a small gym for a workout and a lovely pool for those hot summer days. Breakfast was awesome with hot and cold foods to choose from, better than most options that I had at overseas hotels. You can enjoy breakfast in fine South African style.
The waiters are friendly and ready to clean your dishes from the table and provide assistance at breakfast or supper. I will defineitely return in the future if the service stays above average as it is currently.

Room Tip: Rooms facing east is quieter and warmer
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel Lynnwood, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for the lovely review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast. We hope to see you again soon
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Stayed here for the second and last time for two days in February.

Very rudely treated at check in. I arrived early and had to wait for a room. No problem at all with this, I understand. However, three times the receptionist told me I should have told them. Then when I asked how long it would take she said she had no idea and I should have told them (4th time). I said, calmly, that she wasn't listening to me and that all I was asking was how long. The reply was I wasn't listening to her and I should have told them earlier.

On the second day I had a series of calls to make from 3pm. At 11 I asked for the room to be cleaned and went out. I came back at 1pm and nothing had been done. I phoned down and repeated the request. at 3.30 someone came to the room, finally.

The construction isn't nice but that isn't the hotel's fault. Poor service and frankly rudeness certainly is.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel Lynnwood, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for the review. We apologize for the rudeness from the staff. Please give us another try as this is something we will definitely look into. Hope to see you again soon.
Bloemfontein, Free State, South Africa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

The construction site outside my window was a hindrance to work and sleep. Despite being assured that the workers would be done shortly, the noise continued past 10pm.... Whilst I would gladly sit in the lobby away from the noise to work the internet reception is so poor on my modem outside my room I am forced to purchase the costly internet of the hotel. Staff at the hotel were not able to change my room nor willing to allow me additional access to their network so I could at least work in peace.... I enjoyed my stay here before but this was disappointing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room FAR from the construction!!!
Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights. I arrived very early on the first day and was able to check into the room straight away.
The breakfast was great and the service was excellent.
The bedroom was a very good size and the bed comfortable.
The only complaint would be the level of noise from other rooms at times which thankfully didn't disturb my sleep. I could hear TV's, showers etc...
I would certainly consider using this hotel for my next visit on business. I don't think I would choose this place for a holiday.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel Lynnwood, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Thank you for your generous review.
New Hampshire, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

This is a nice hotel...fairly new, so everything is in good shape. It is mostly there to service some local government offices, but is fine for tourists, reasonably priced, and with full restaurant facilities with a shopping mall next door. Breakfast buffet offers a wide variety including cooked-to-order eggs.

We arrived after an overnight flight, and contrary to promises made to our local contact (and confirmed shortly before our arrival), our room was not ready. We had to stow our luggage and go out for the day unshowered. That was really the only disappointment.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel Lynnwood, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Thanks for staying with us - sorry that your room was not ready.

Been to City Lodge Hotel Lynnwood? Share your experiences!