“excellent workshop and conference venue” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Faircity Roodevallei

You added Faircity Roodevallei to your Saves list
Faircity Roodevallei
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Plot 81 Zeekoegat | Kameeldrift, Pretoria 0039, South Africa (Formerly Roode Vallei Country Lodge)   |
Ranked #1 of 68 Hotels in Pretoria
Cape
“excellent workshop and conference venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've used this venue several times for meetings, workshops and training sessions over the years and it is by far the best place in Gauteng for this kind of event. When I last used it, it didn't have the word 'fair city' in front of it, so I'm a little unsure whether this is the same place as the Roodevallei Country Lodge, but if it is, it's fabulous. I have special dietary needs and this place catered excellently to my needs. I use many of these conference venues regularly and none of them compare well in any way to this place. There's a long, long list of really awful spots in Gauteng. No other place makes special dietary needs such a breeze. With other places there's usually lots of drama at every meal and when I get tired to talking to managers, chefs and the like, I give up and look for what's available that I can eat even if it's desert only. At this place I get the meals done just right by chefs who are delighted at the challenge, making the workshops and meetings a breeze. some of my colleagues and i joke that we should buy shares in this business as they as so very good. With being so good comes being booked out way in advance as they are very popular. So book early and you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Gustav H, General Manager at Faircity Roodevallei, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Faircity has recently taken over Roodevallei Country Lodge and we are delighted that you experienced the service and hospitality that Roodevallei is so well known for. All our staff make a concerted effort to ensure that every guest's need is catered for. Our conference, event and wedding coordinators will ensure that all your requirements are met with a smile! And our reservationists will make endeavour to make your stay with us a memorable one. Hope to see you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

The hotel is located in a serene area away from the noises of the city, yet within an hours drive from Johannesburg city. I stayed at the hotel twice; both for a conference.

The first time I was allocated the honeymoon suite, which looks like it was recently revamped. The bathroom is spacious, with a bath and separate shower. The lighting could be improved in the bathroom. The room itself is elegantly designed and clean. All rooms are equipped with aircon, electric blankets (nice!) and mosquito nets.

During my second stay, I was in the standard rooms which is also decent, with 2 double beds and views overlooking the gardens. The one disappointment with this room is the bathroom, which I think has not been revamped as yet. Toilet seat was old and cracked, tap was loose and bathroom is slightly cramped.

Halal food was provided by an external company which was good. Service at the dining area was slow, however, staff were always friendly. The resort has a small pool and overlooks a lovely dam. Nice views for bird watching as well

Overall, a decent place in Pretoria.

Room Tip: Get the honeymoon suite if it's just you and the spouse
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Gustav H, General Manager at Faircity Roodevallei, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Faircity Roodevallei prides itself in its facilities and services. Guest comfort and friendly service are our main priorities and we are constantly improving our offering to ensure that every time you return you will notice and experience the difference. Thank you for the feedback with regards to the lighting in the bathrooms and service in the restaurant. Hope to see you again soon!
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Wow, another awesome experience. We just hosted the African Youth Chess Championships at Roodevallei, the 2nd tournament I have organised there this year. I had absolutely no hesitation in going back and when I arrived it was like coming home. There is absolutely nothing that I can find fault with and I mean absolutely nothing, everything was awesome. We had players, parents and officials from 6 other countries and Roodevallei went out of their way to accommodate all special requests even to the point of providing a separate Asian Indian Buffet for the 50 or so Indians from Kenya and Botswana. The staff compliment are just the best, everyone is friendly and helpful and nothing is too much trouble. The food is just too good, the accommodation extremely comfortable and the service out of this world. Roodevallei is "Simply the Best" and not only can I not wait to go back again, I would highly recommend them.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Gustav H, General Manager at Faircity Roodevallei, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
What more can I say... But thank you!
At Faircity Roodevallei we strive to serve all our guests this way! It is always a pleasure to welcome guests back to our wonderful gem and most of them become part of the family. Many thanks to Bridgette and her team who have now hosted two very successful events at Roodevallei, with many more to come.
Kempton Park
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Roodavallei is unassuming. Upon entrance, it's a normal hotel until you discover the river and watch the sunset on the deck. Absolutely stunning !

The rooms are spacious and functional, there are no single beds. It is an ideal big conference venue and will make a stunning wedding venue - exchanging vows on the deck will make for lovely pictures for those who are still looking for a venue.

This venue gives you a feel as as if you've travelled far yet just on the backside of the hustle and bustle of the city.

Room Tip: There are budget rooms as well as larney rooms so enquire when making reservations. The budget room...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
A hidden treasure is exactly how to describe Faircity Roodevallei. We are close enough to limit travel expenses and travel time but our setting will make you feel like you have travelled to a remote destination. We cater for all kinds of needs including the weekend or holiday traveller, and the corporate traveller, who prefer staying close to the city but not in town. We are also ideal for groups, weddings, functions, events and team building. Do try us out!
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I enjoyed staying at this hotel during a recent conference I attended. The food was great - many options even for me as a vegetarian. My spacious room was on the first floor next to the river - unfortunately the leaves of the trees in front of the window blocked my view of the river so maybe a room on the ground floor next to the river would offer a better view (?) Mosquito nets in the rooms great - I also took insect repellent for use during the day and at night since many facilities - eg for dining - are outdoors. enjoyed the pool too...Even though there were a few other conferences on at the same time - the facility is big enough so that we did not clash with them. It is well situated in terms of getting to and from O.R. Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg. The uneven footpaths might be a problem for people who have difficulty walking.

Room Tip: I had room no 19 which is next to the river on the first floor. it was very nice but trees blocked m...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Gustav H, General Manager at Faircity Roodevallei, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Faircity Roodevallei's grounds spread over 10ha and our facilities are well spaced over the property to ensure that everybody can enjoy their stay. We are on the banks of the Pienaars River and great views of the rooms are visible from many rooms and entertainment areas. We proud ourselves in great food and the best possible service. So come and try us out for business, pleasure, a special event or conference or come stay with us for a weekend break away!
Pretoria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just had a night at Roodevallei. The Standard room was basic but clean. Dinner was poor (non-buffet set-menu on our night), and Breakfast buffet was excellent. The setting of Roodevallei is very quiet and peaceful, and the riverview gardens are really superb. Management is aware of the 'problems' and dislikes we encountered, and to their credit thay have acted positively to attend to these. The hotel is undergoing improvements, so I am inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt. Considering that the Hotel is graded 3*, it is good value for money, and the setting is suberb. With attention to detail this hotel could easily become a favourite, and I look forward to a future visit.

Room Tip: The standard room I stayed in is away from the river, and basic (but clean). The riverfront accommod...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I cannot deny that your stay with us was not one of our best and the points raised in your feedback email to us will be attended to immediately. We value all kinds of feedback to ensure that Faircity Roodevallei becomes a favourite to all guests who visit us and we are saddened by anyone who does not enjoy their stay fully. Our buffets are considered to be up there with the best and we apologise for the shortcomings in our a la carte meal served on the night. We hope to see you back soon!
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed at Roodevallei from September 28, 2012 to October 8, 2012 with my family where my children were representing Kenya at the All Africa Youth Chess Championship. I feel extremely honoured and excited to mention that my there was one of the most amazing ever. The staff knew me by my name, were ever willing to go out of their way to assist and they even went a step further to prepare Asian vegetarian food for us which tasted simply out of this world. They even organized a fridge in our room to cater to the special needs of my 10-year old son who is Type-1 diabetic. In particular was the spectacular efforts of Debbie Buhrs to ensure that even the minutest of details were taken care of. If given the opportunity, I will not hesitate to stay there again and again.

Room Tip: If you are 4 in a family and need all the silence & peace, stay at the block which houses rooms...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hosting the All Africa Youth Chess Championships at Faircity Roodevallei was not only an honour but also lots of fun. Over 50 chess boards were set up in the Bateleur Centre and 54 matches were played simultaneously 3 times per day totalling 486 matches! So the chess fever was high for over a week. The non-playing participants and spectators could watch the games live on a big screen, which was set up in the Cormorant Centre. Training sessions with coaches were held all over our tranquil gardens and we even had a garden size chess set set up for guests to play with. The tournament was a hailed a huge success by organisers, participants and spectators. So let allow Faircity Roodevallei to host your next event!

Been to Faircity Roodevallei? Share your experiences!