“Another awesome experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Faircity Roodevallei

You added Faircity Roodevallei to your Saves list
Faircity Roodevallei
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Plot 81 Zeekoegat | Kameeldrift, Pretoria 0039, South Africa (Formerly Roode Vallei Country Lodge)   |
Ranked #4 of 67 Hotels in Pretoria
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Another awesome experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Wow, another awesome experience. We just hosted the African Youth Chess Championships at Roodevallei, the 2nd tournament I have organised there this year. I had absolutely no hesitation in going back and when I arrived it was like coming home. There is absolutely nothing that I can find fault with and I mean absolutely nothing, everything was awesome. We had players, parents and officials from 6 other countries and Roodevallei went out of their way to accommodate all special requests even to the point of providing a separate Asian Indian Buffet for the 50 or so Indians from Kenya and Botswana. The staff compliment are just the best, everyone is friendly and helpful and nothing is too much trouble. The food is just too good, the accommodation extremely comfortable and the service out of this world. Roodevallei is "Simply the Best" and not only can I not wait to go back again, I would highly recommend them.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Gustav H, General Manager at Faircity Roodevallei, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
What more can I say... But thank you!
At Faircity Roodevallei we strive to serve all our guests this way! It is always a pleasure to welcome guests back to our wonderful gem and most of them become part of the family. Many thanks to Bridgette and her team who have now hosted two very successful events at Roodevallei, with many more to come.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Kempton Park
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Roodavallei is unassuming. Upon entrance, it's a normal hotel until you discover the river and watch the sunset on the deck. Absolutely stunning !

The rooms are spacious and functional, there are no single beds. It is an ideal big conference venue and will make a stunning wedding venue - exchanging vows on the deck will make for lovely pictures for those who are still looking for a venue.

This venue gives you a feel as as if you've travelled far yet just on the backside of the hustle and bustle of the city.

Room Tip: There are budget rooms as well as larney rooms so enquire when making reservations. The budget room...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
A hidden treasure is exactly how to describe Faircity Roodevallei. We are close enough to limit travel expenses and travel time but our setting will make you feel like you have travelled to a remote destination. We cater for all kinds of needs including the weekend or holiday traveller, and the corporate traveller, who prefer staying close to the city but not in town. We are also ideal for groups, weddings, functions, events and team building. Do try us out!
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I enjoyed staying at this hotel during a recent conference I attended. The food was great - many options even for me as a vegetarian. My spacious room was on the first floor next to the river - unfortunately the leaves of the trees in front of the window blocked my view of the river so maybe a room on the ground floor next to the river would offer a better view (?) Mosquito nets in the rooms great - I also took insect repellent for use during the day and at night since many facilities - eg for dining - are outdoors. enjoyed the pool too...Even though there were a few other conferences on at the same time - the facility is big enough so that we did not clash with them. It is well situated in terms of getting to and from O.R. Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg. The uneven footpaths might be a problem for people who have difficulty walking.

Room Tip: I had room no 19 which is next to the river on the first floor. it was very nice but trees blocked m...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Gustav H, General Manager at Faircity Roodevallei, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Faircity Roodevallei's grounds spread over 10ha and our facilities are well spaced over the property to ensure that everybody can enjoy their stay. We are on the banks of the Pienaars River and great views of the rooms are visible from many rooms and entertainment areas. We proud ourselves in great food and the best possible service. So come and try us out for business, pleasure, a special event or conference or come stay with us for a weekend break away!
Pretoria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just had a night at Roodevallei. The Standard room was basic but clean. Dinner was poor (non-buffet set-menu on our night), and Breakfast buffet was excellent. The setting of Roodevallei is very quiet and peaceful, and the riverview gardens are really superb. Management is aware of the 'problems' and dislikes we encountered, and to their credit thay have acted positively to attend to these. The hotel is undergoing improvements, so I am inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt. Considering that the Hotel is graded 3*, it is good value for money, and the setting is suberb. With attention to detail this hotel could easily become a favourite, and I look forward to a future visit.

Room Tip: The standard room I stayed in is away from the river, and basic (but clean). The riverfront accommod...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I cannot deny that your stay with us was not one of our best and the points raised in your feedback email to us will be attended to immediately. We value all kinds of feedback to ensure that Faircity Roodevallei becomes a favourite to all guests who visit us and we are saddened by anyone who does not enjoy their stay fully. Our buffets are considered to be up there with the best and we apologise for the shortcomings in our a la carte meal served on the night. We hope to see you back soon!
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed at Roodevallei from September 28, 2012 to October 8, 2012 with my family where my children were representing Kenya at the All Africa Youth Chess Championship. I feel extremely honoured and excited to mention that my there was one of the most amazing ever. The staff knew me by my name, were ever willing to go out of their way to assist and they even went a step further to prepare Asian vegetarian food for us which tasted simply out of this world. They even organized a fridge in our room to cater to the special needs of my 10-year old son who is Type-1 diabetic. In particular was the spectacular efforts of Debbie Buhrs to ensure that even the minutest of details were taken care of. If given the opportunity, I will not hesitate to stay there again and again.

Room Tip: If you are 4 in a family and need all the silence & peace, stay at the block which houses rooms...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hosting the All Africa Youth Chess Championships at Faircity Roodevallei was not only an honour but also lots of fun. Over 50 chess boards were set up in the Bateleur Centre and 54 matches were played simultaneously 3 times per day totalling 486 matches! So the chess fever was high for over a week. The non-playing participants and spectators could watch the games live on a big screen, which was set up in the Cormorant Centre. Training sessions with coaches were held all over our tranquil gardens and we even had a garden size chess set set up for guests to play with. The tournament was a hailed a huge success by organisers, participants and spectators. So let allow Faircity Roodevallei to host your next event!
Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Everytime I have visited Faircity Roodevallei, I was greeted and assisted by friendly and competent staff; with excellent service and exceptional value for money.

Improvement from what it was - 20 years ago = AMAZING !!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Gustav H, General Manager at Faircity Roodevallei, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Faircity Roodevallei is constantly improving its service and facilities and nothing makes us happier when guests experience this. For those of you who have not been to Faircity Roodevallei or who have not been here for some time, please feel free to come and visit us for a show around to plan your next event or conference. You will be amazed by the transformation over the years. Alternatively try us out for a weekend away or overnight weekday stay if city hotels are not for you. Our stunning 10ha property on the banks of the Pienaars River may just be what you have been looking for all along!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I lived at the RoodeVallei Resort for the entire month of September. It was a fabulous month. The grounds are gorgeous, the rooms are well appointed and comfortable, the food is outstanding and the service is impeccable. The staff is in constant motion and always eager to please. They are friendly and helpful. The purpose of my visit was to teach a three week class. This location was perfect for this activity. At the end of my stay, my flight was cancelled and the staff sprung into motion to find me a place to stay.
I highly recommend this resort for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms in the 300 series have an excellent view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
There is no better test for any hotel when guests stay for an extended period. All possible services and facilities of the hotel will be tried out, tested and experienced and nothing can be hidden for so long! This review proves that Faircity Roodevallei is the ideal location for any type of stay. Be it leisure, business, events or meetings, Roodevallei will cater for all your needs. Do not hesitate to call our reservation desk or book online. We trust we will see you soon!

Been to Faircity Roodevallei? Share your experiences!