“Very nice and friendly guest house” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cascades Guest House

and 1 more site!
You added Cascades Guest House to your Saves list
Cascades Guest House
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   174 Premier Street | Waterkloof, Pretoria 0181, South Africa   |
Ranked #16 of 302 Pretoria B&B and Inns
Solna, Sweden
“Very nice and friendly guest house”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is a very nice and friendly guest house. We stayed there in August 2013. We were well taken care of by the couple running the guest house, good rooms, wifi, breakfast, always helpful. Quiet and safe. We can really recommend a stay there. Cecilia with family.......

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ansie7ster, Owner at Cascades Guest House, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thanks Cecilia!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Paarl, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed at Cascades Guesthouse for 5 nights with a Dutch colleague when we went to Pretoria for research work. Was on recommendation of my husband. Different type of rooms to choose from; all looked comfortable, very clean. Would appreciate a bigger working table in the room though. A little table and chair outside room is very handy. Quiet and safe area; walking distance to a shopping centre with great variety of restaurants, a pharmacy, food store, liquor store etc. Easily accessible from city and different areas, parking available or just use the taxi service that they usually use. Cascades also had no problem with us having a meeting with a colleague one morning at the breakfast area. Comfy couches indoors.I like the fact that one can use the fridge to stock things that need to be kept cold. Good breakfast. Lovely communal outdoor area with tables and chairs at pool where you can relax (or sit and work like we did). Not sure if that area might get busy in the summer time? My Dutch colleague was also very impressed with Cascades. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I stayed in the deluxe room without A/C and did not find it to be a problem in the month of Septembe...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Ansie7ster, Owner at Cascades Guest House, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you, Griet, for the detailed review!
We have a conference centre, which, when not booked, can be used for work. There are many tables.
Our central location is one of our best selling points; Waterkloof is a lovely area to stay, exercise or shop in.
We like all our guests to feel at home with us and I am looking forward to host you again!
Gaborone, Botswana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

During last June I visited Pretoria a couple of times and I stayed in this familiar guesthouse. I can give only compliments. The owners are ready to help you in any query you may have, take good care of you and make sure that you feel like at home (needless to say that the superb breakfast you will enjoy, it helps). I only regretted not to enjoy the nice patio they have, but it was too cold to stay outside. You always must leave something for your next visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Ansie7ster, Owner at Cascades Guest House, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Oh Sylvia, what better words to warm my heart in the winter! I appreciate that you enjoy our guest house and our hospitality!
Looking forward to welcome you in summer, the garden is exquisite then...
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I regularly stay at Cascades when I have meetings in Pretoria so I call it my home away from home as that's how it feels. Comfortable, stylish, excellent breakfasts, lovely people, beautiful surroundings - everything you need. When I stay there, I go for a run in the mornings and it's a real treat - such a stunning area. Oh, and there are great shops and restaurants just around the corner. Thank you Estelle and colleagues.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ansie7ster, Owner at Cascades Guest House, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
What a wonderful compliment, thank you! This is probably the best area of Pretoria to be in, it is safe and beautiful. Waterkloof Centre and Brooklyn Mall has just been refurbished and has a great selection of fashion, housewares and restaurants.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Cascades is the reason I like non-chain places to stay. I know that going independent can be a lottery but this was a winner. Individual, safe, pleasant, peaceful, welcoming, comfortable and clean. While I didn't have the full breakfast it looked excellent. Close to some great restaurants and in what seemed to be a safe neighbourhood.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thanks Bernie, you summarise so succinctly what we aim for, the welcoming friendliness, comfort and cleanliness... we are also very proud of our peaceful garden setting in the centre of the business area.
Pretoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We had the pleasure of spending just over four months at the Cascades. Our experience was exceptional. The staff is extremely professional yet very kind and thoughtful tending to our every need as well as offering great suggestions for shopping, dining out, yoga and vacation spots. Our apartment was furnished tastefully, the beds were very comfortable, the linens were of high quality and the kitchen was appointed with everything we needed. The Cascades is located in a quiet, lovely tree lined neighborhood that is wonderful for walking to nearby restaurants, pharmacy, shopping and a grocery store. The grounds are lovely and very nicely maintained. We highly recommend The Cascades for conferences, short term and long term stays.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Ansie7ster, Owner at Cascades Guest House, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Wow, I am so glad you enjoyed our long term apartment that much! I must say, you felt more like neighbours than clients...and we miss you now!
Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We were fortunate to spend an evening in the Guest House. A wonderful break and my husband was able to see their conference facilities as well. Lovely, tranquil setting with all the service needed plus a wonderful breakfast. Will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Did not require a fitness center or room service.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ansie7ster, Owner at Cascades Guest House, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
I´m so happy you enjoyed the guesthouse. So THANK YOU for enjoying our garden setting and the beautiful account of your experience, for enjoying all that we love to share with all our guests. Wishing to be able to see you some day again, I send you my very best wishes.

Been to Cascades Guest House? Share your experiences!