“Exceeded Expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 24 Newlands B&B and Inns
Nadur, Malta
“Exceeded Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

From the minute I arrived, the warm greeting, the smallest detail of my room, and the succulent breakfast, I knew I had discovered a Cape Town jewel.

Judy made me feel at home in Cape Town. She is an amazing ambassador for this vibrant city.

I enjoyed every minute of my stay. Judy and team deserves every positive review mentioned here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Judy England runs a magnificent home-away-from home Bed and Breakfast and takes service to another level. From the home-made breads, rusks and biscuits to the beautiful, immaculate and comfortable rooms, there is not a thing you cannot find in a FIVE star establishment. Hedge House has excellent security, with the guest in mind, and is central to everywhere in Cape Town. The attention to detail is something one would find in a an exclusive, upmarket hotel. The cost is exactly on a par with Bed and Breakfasts in the area which can only be compared to student hostel type of accommodation (I say this as I recently was caught out and had a most unpleasant experience - booked by our group agent agent and not myself!). I have stayed at Hedge House twice now and will most certainly never consider anything else in Cape Town. Put it on your Bucket List!

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely, however make sure to ask for downstairs if you have a problem with stairs...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Boyce, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at Hedge House for nearly two weeks to see the sights while we waited for my daughter's accommodations for her semester abroad program at the University of Cape Town (UCT). Hedge House is located in a quiet setting with great views, yet conveniently located to the University, shopping, train and local restaurants. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Hedge House. Judy provides a warm atmosphere, great breakfast and rooms that are comfortable and clean with added touches, such as fresh fruit and snacks. I highly recommend Hedge House for anyone who wants to stay in the Cape Town area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My daughter and I spend three nights at the Hedge house. I was impressed by the warmth of the lady that runs the place. She took hospitality to a very high level. Her approach created a family atmosphere in the guest house.
The room was excellent. we enjoyed the fruits and the snacks on our arrival. Though booked for bed and breakfast, she organized our dinner on request. The food was very good. The only thing I wish was different was the size of the garden and the pool. A larger garden would have added to the otherwise good ambience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HedgeHouse, Owner at Hedge House, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear Anne
Many thanks for your review of Hedge House.
Please could you let us know specifically areas of cleanliness that you felt were unsatisfactory as this is a priority for us and we would like to improve areas you noticed where we were not up to your expectations.
Warm regards
Judy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Hedge House is a beautiful B&B which I would happily recommend to anyone. So peaceful, yet close to everything. I received a warm welcome with a glass of wine on arrival and stayed in room 5 for 4 nights. Everything was perfect for my needs... very clean, comfortable, well-equipped, fresh fruit & flowers and home made cookies & rusks. I enjoyed my balcony with the lovely morning sun and views and also relaxing by the pool in the fragrant gardens. Breakfasts are excellent and I can also recommend the dinners. Judy is a very welcoming, attentive & friendly hostess who personally goes that extra mile to ensure all guests' needs are met. I felt totally spoilt!

• Stayed January 2013
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We spent two nights at Hedge House and enjoyed a wonderful stay. Breakfast is amazing and our host was truly lovely. Little touches made our stay extra special. Great location, beautiful mountain views and a tastefully decorated room all added to the lovely time we enjoyed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We spent four nights at the Hedge House and greatly enjoyed our stay. Situated in the suburb of Newlands, this B&B provided a great base for our exploration of Cape Town. The owner, Judy provides warm service, comfortable rooms (with home made cookies!) and tasty breakfasts.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hedge House? Share your experiences!