An overnight stay en route home after an Xmas/New Year trip to Mozambique and Zimbabwe was extended when my wife was admitted to hospital for spinal surgery. The care, consideration and compassion of all the staff who became aware of the situation was outstanding. I particularly want to highlight the exceptional Concierge team, Gosiame, Thapi, Katlego, Shylee, Michelle and Annisha, who went way beyond any expectations I could have had regarding support from the hotel. They are a credit to the hotel and I observed in their interactions with other guests that their primary concern is always to strive to meet the needs of the customers.
The Intercontinental is a great facility with very comfortable rooms, excellent cuisine a beautiful top floor spa and gym, and its just across the road from the airport terminal. However, it is people who make the difference and the hotel team, especially the Concierge ladies, could not have done more to help me during a particularly difficult time. Great for an overnight stay between flights but also caters for the longer stay with all necessary comforts. Highly recommended and I shall certainly stay any time I am in Johannesburg.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Johannesburg Or Tambo Airport Hotel
- Intercontinental Johannesburg Or Tambo Airport Hotel Kempton Park
- Intercontinental Kempton Park
- Intercontinental Hotel Kempton Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Johannesburg O.R. Tambo Airport is a safe and highly convenient hotel only 68.7 metres (225-foot) walk from the International Arrivals hall at Johannesburg's O.R. Tambo International Airport and is your ideal and hassle-free stopover for onward Southern African destinations, Game Reserves, Victoria Falls & Cape Town. Perfectly located for business and a 14-minute train ride from the Sandton CBD, the hotel facilities include free unlimited Wi-Fi, Business Centre, Health Spa, complimentary gym, swimming pool and DVD library. Guests love our large showers with massage showerheads and the ample natural light flowing from the floor to ceiling windows. In-room flight information allows you to time and plan your onward journeys from the comfort of your room. Soundproofed rooms, blackout curtains, king beds and fluffy duvets ensure you enjoy a great sleep experience. Quills Restaurant, open 24 hours daily, offers contemporary African dining, indoors or on the terrace. Winner of the 2011 Best Airport Hotel in Africa Award by Skytrax World Airport Awards and refurbished in 2008, the hotel offers the most sophisticated airport accommodations on the African Continent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Otel and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.