“Excellent Service and Airport is minutes away!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bit O' Bush

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kempton Park
Bit O' Bush
You added Bit O' Bush to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   3 Lily Street, Kempton Park 1620, South Africa   |
Ranked #7 of 56 Kempton Park B&B and Inns
Lexington, Kentucky
“Excellent Service and Airport is minutes away!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Annette is the Absolute most sweetest Lady! Very organized and well maintained Guesthouse close to the International Airport and shuttle service was a plus. Did not have time to sit down for "Breakfast" everyone was raving about but the "beskuit" did me good!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Polokwane, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at Bit O' Bush on several occasions. Our clients and family (all from America) could not believe the how wonderful/comfortable and beautiful the home and gardens are. There are many B and B's to choose from in this area and we have been in many of them but this one by far "outshines" them all. Annette is a very gracious and accommodating host. Breakfast is excellent, and on the rare occasion we couldn't stay because of an early flight, the room was discounted! I recommend this property to everyone, and will be returning myself.

Room Tip: All are good
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My parents and I stayed at Bit o Bush for just one night this past April. Annette is a lovely host. We suffered a mishap with our rental car leaving the airport, and had to return and get a new one, which delayed our arrival from dinner hour to bed time Annette was completely flexible--when we finally arrived, exhausted, frazzled, and very hungry, she graciously produced a beautiful dinner. The salad and vegetables were especially wonderful, perhaps because Annette is a gardener and serves some of her own produce. Breakfast the next morning was also excellent. The grounds and rooms are lovingly maintained. I would definitely recommend Bit o Bush, especially if you happen to to coming or going to the airport, but even if you are simply looking for a pleasant place to stay while in Joburg.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Durham, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

My wife and I stated at Bit O'Bush in August 2012. It is one of many homes near the airport converted to a B&B, but the quality of the workmanship made the whole place feel very close to a modern hotel. The owners live on site and take personal care of every guest. It is very convenient to the airport and a great location to spend one or many nights as you pass through Johannesburg. It was not busy the night we stayed there so I can't rate the noise levels. The rooms are exceptionally clean and comfortable and Annette's hospitality was wonderful. Breakfast in the morning was included. We will definitely use this hotel on our next visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

I completely agree with the previous writer. What made this b&b extra special for my 8 year old daughter and me was Annette's warmth. She pampered us with fresh fruit(juice), time and conversation, rusks and shuttles to the airport without complaint about the late hour. Thank you very much!

• Stayed August 2012
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

Our family of 5 stayed at Bit O'Bush in November 2011. The location is great--just a few minutes from the Johannesburg airport. Annette, the gracious owner, welcomed us when we arrived around 8pm with glasses of juice. We stayed in 2 adjacent standard double bedrooms, one of which also had a comfy spare bed rolled in. The rooms were very pretty, new and clean and both had a TV, coffee/tea making supplies, and an ensuite bathroom. They opened onto a pretty courtyard with lots of birds, just a few steps away from the dining room where breakfast was served. There is a nice pool too although we didn't get to use it. It was so peaceful and felt miles away from the city and very secure.
There is also a family room (with a double bed, a sleepsofa, and up to 2 more additional beds rolled in) but we opted for the 2 rooms so that we would have 2 bathrooms. Breakfast was great--eggs, bacon, sausages, grilled tomatoes, cereal, toast, coffee, tea, etc.
So here's the clincher that really made me fall in love with the place...the next night, after we left and had driven hundreds of miles away, we realized that one of my kids had left his beloved stuffed animal at the B&B. He was heartbroken, and we knew we were in trouble because we were not returning to that airport but would merely be catching a connecting flight through Johannesburg on our way home 2 weeks later. I emailed Annette to ask if she had any other travelers heading to the airport to see if they could drop it at the airline desk for us. But she was concerned that we might not get it back that way, so when we flew back into Johannesburg and were waiting for our connecting flight, she drove to the airport to deliver it to us! My son was thrilled and it brought tears to my eyes! I think that service was amazing. This place is great!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Bit O' Bush? Share your experiences!