“Very good value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aero Guest Lodge

You added Aero Guest Lodge to your Saves list
Aero Guest Lodge
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   81 Kempton Road | Kempton Park Extension 1, Kempton Park 1619, South Africa   |
Special Offer
Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #12 of 56 Kempton Park B&B and Inns
Kuala Lumpur
“Very good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I liked this lodge and will come back again if on transit in JNB:

- Friendly staff
- Great rooms for the price
- NIce homey environment
- Decent breakfast spread with 24 hr hot beverages, yoghurt, cereals, fruit and a hot cooked breakfast like eggs, sausage
- Free pick up and location to the airport.

My only problem would be that the shower in Room 9 was a little unpredictable, being too hot and then too cold. This made it quite difficult to shower.

I'd much rather stay here than in one of those souless chain hotels at the airport. I Will be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
aeroguestlodge, Owner at Aero Guest Lodge, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Hi,

Many thanks for your comments and feedback.

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you saw a lot of positives. I've passed your comments onto the girls in the kitchen and they're very happy you enjoyed your breakfast! Thank you for also mentioning our free airport transfers which we provide. We offer transfers to and from OR Tambo International Airport as there is no charge for this service, it is included in the room rate.

I've just personally been over to the lodge to inspect the water flow problem with room 9 and you are correct, there is a small problem. I've arranged for the plumber to come out and get this resolved, thank you for letting us know. We appreciate all kinds of feedback:-).

May I wish you all the best for the future and we hope to see you again!

Adrian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Fortaleza, CE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I have spent one night at Aero Guest Lodge, waiting for my flight on next day. Transfer from OR Tambo Airport to the Lodge worked well, room was clean and had sufficient space, dinner was available at the Lodge - food was good. It's a good place to stay when in transit like I was.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
aeroguestlodge, Owner at Aero Guest Lodge, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Hi,

Many thanks for your review.

We're a perfect transit guest lodge as we're located just 5 minutes from the 'Johannesburg OR Tambo International airport'. We're glad you were impressed with the overall service and that you enjoyed the food - I've passed your comments on the kitchen staff.

Happy traveling and we hope to see you again in the future!

Bushkill, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

My friend and I used Aero Guest Lodge as a stopover on our way to Plettenburg Bay. Charles, the driver picked us up from the airport 15 minutes after we called. He was friendly and even a little funny. Our room was clean and comfortable. I personally like the decor. It was cold that night so Charles made sure we had a heater. The following morning breakfast was made by a woman with a warm beautiful smile. She made eggs, lamb sausage, beans in tomato sauce, sliced tomato and I had Rooibos tea. It was delicious and all included. We had a different driver to take us to the airport. He was prompt and very professional.

I would come back to this hotel and stay longer. They offered tours in Jo'burg that I would take advantage of.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Hi,

We're very glad you enjoyed your stay at our lodge.

I've passed your comments onto our drivers to let them know you found them very prompt and funny! They are great guys and they'll do all they can to make sure you are well looked after and comfortable.

We're also glad you found the rooms clean and tidy and that you enjoyed your stay.

Happy traveling and we hope to see you again in the future!

Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

My mother went back to SA after spending some time with us in the UK. Her connecting flight to EL was in 24 hours so we booker her in to Aero for the night. The food was good, the staff were just brilliant and the collection from the airport was prompt. Nice to know that she was looked after. I know it takes a lot to please my mother so thank you all at Aero Guest House. Roger J.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hi,

Many thanks for your kind review and that we looked after your mother well!

We take great pride in providing a prompt airport collection and I'm also glad you mother found the rooms clean and the staff friendly. We wish you and you family all the best for the future.

Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights while travelling around South Africa. On emailing to ask about bookings I found the reception staff extremely prompt and informative. One of the reasons I stayed here apart from the location close to the airport.

Everyone of the staff are friendly, not once did anyone ever seem disinterested. While off on safari and a side trip my bag was looked after by the hotel on 2 occassions for which I was eternally grately as it weighed a ton. Dinners were lovely and I felt ' at home' here. Every time I asked any of the staff for anything it was never a problem, even printing boarding passes. After my third night back I felt like part of the family!

Airport pick ups were prompt and easy. I see some people have complained about security which is bizarre as the guests welfare seems to be the main concern of the owners and staff. Yes its more security than I am used to but, I assume these people know their own area and I am happy to take their advice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
aeroguestlodge, Owner at Aero Guest Lodge, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Hi,

Many thanks for your kind comments, we've passed your thoughts onto the staff and they all remember and enjoyed you a lot - we're glad you felt like one of the family!

I see from your comments that you used us whilst traveling around Southern Africa, we're ideally located for people to do this because of our location and reliable complimentary airport transfers. As a 'Top Contributor' on TripAdvisor we really appreciate your positive experience and review and we wish you happy traveling for the future.

Hope to see you again soon!

australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Well after being on a 9day safari in a land of animals, what a welcome it was at this Guest Lodge.
A very warn welcome at the airport, no waiting around my driver arrived at the same time i reached the Info desk. Picking up two other persons at the same time. Rose met us with a hostess with the mostest welcome, and i was shown to my room. (as in picture), nice and clean, TV, and a bathroom and facility. There was a dinner menu available, which was very basic but yummie. There was room service offered to me which i accepted. great. Especially for one night stayover. The staff were ever so friendly and accomadating.

Everything, about this lodge was great and it was just what a single or family traveller needed.
I would recommend this Lodge.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
aeroguestlodge, Owner at Aero Guest Lodge, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Hi,

We're so happy you enjoyed your stay and I passed on your comments to Rose who was very grateful.We're also happy that the rooms were of a high standard for you. I also passed your kind words onto our drivers who are always very happy when we give them positive feedback on airport transfers - we have strict procedures with regards to airport collections, we always strive to be punctual and this is always the first impression our guests have of our service so we combine teamwork to ensure a prompt airport collection and drop off (both are free of charge and included in the room rate).

Thank you again and happy traveling!

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We recently stayed at Aero Guest Lodge for three nights bookending our trip to Johannesburg. The location is convenient to the airport. The transfer service was greatly appreciated. Our room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was wonderful. The staff was welcoming and friendly. We highly recommend it for those who need a place to stay near the airport.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
aeroguestlodge, Owner at Aero Guest Lodge, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Hi,

I'm glad you enjoyed an efficient transfer and that you liked how close we are to the airport.

We're glad you enjoyed your food and I've already passed your comments onto Rose and she was very happy!

Thank you for recommending us and we hope to see you again, happy traveling.

Adrian

Been to Aero Guest Lodge? Share your experiences!