It is just a short walk from the airport and of one can use a trolley to get here. The service was pleasant and polite. My room was impeccably clean. I was pleasantly surprised by the enormous breakfast buffet. Everything was fresh and delicious. The muffins were particularly good.
I felt that the price was fair considering it's location and the quality of the rooms and the superb breakfast buffet. One doesn't need to pay for a transfer which can be very expensive.
My only complaint about the airport hotel is that it lacks personality. It feels like an airport hotel anywhere else.
- Also Known As:
- City Lodge Or Tambo Airport Hotel Kempton Park
- City Lodge Or Tambo Airport Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Based at Africa’s busiest airport, City Lodge at OR Tambo Airport will provide business and leisure travellers with “home away from home” accommodation that is ideal for those commuting to and from Johannesburg and perfect for those who require immediate access to the airport. OR Tambo Airport offers a number of services from banking to a wide range of retailers, so whether it’s a good book or a scrumptious meal, the airport’s facilities have everything you need. The hotel boasts boardroom and conference facilities, a fitness room as well as a deck with a pool and a large commercial area with a coffee shop. Rooms • Spacious air-conditioned room with queen or twin beds • Flat screen Television (MNet and DSTV) – Satellite channels offering exciting sport, breaking news and great movies. • En-Suite Bathroom with bath and separate shower. • Tea and coffee making facilities • Wireless Internet Access available in all rooms • Electronic safe large enough to accommodate a laptop • Desk with great lighting and plugs for easy connectivity • Telephone Breakfast: At City Lodge our breakfasts are legendary. Choose between a scrumptious Full English or Continental breakfast (buffet style) in the hotel’s spacious breakfast area. Coffee Shop: City Lodge at OR Tambo Airport will have a coffee shop offering guests a comprehensive menu with hot and cold food choices ranging from salads, to wraps, to tremazzinis all the way to hearty soups. Bar: The hotel boasts a comfortable bar to enjoy the evening or wait for your next flight. Facilities • Boardroom Facilities – Roadlodge, our 8 Seater Meeting Room and Townlodge, our 12 seater Boardroom - includes flat screen television with laptop connectivity and wireless internet access. • Conference Facility – Courtyard A, seats 22 people. Courtyard B seats 24 people, combined with the option to be shared to create one room – seats up to 46 people. • Safe and secure underground parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelTravel.com, HotelsClick and Otel so you can book your City Lodge OR Tambo Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.