“What a delight” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Kempton Park
Lymington, United Kingdom
“What a delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Arrived early morning, with child who had been sick all over both of us on plane. Room ready in spite of early check in, hot shower, clothes taken away for washing, breakfast waiting, and a warm welcome. It could not have been better. Only a one night stay, but a definite yes for next time I'm in Johannesburg.
Is probably better for those coming from or going to the international airport as its a bit far from the other attractions such as the apartheid or cradle of humankind museums. But the friendliness and warmth might just make up for this.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Bangkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I had to overnight in Johannesburg between flights and didn't want to pay for an expensive airport hotel. This exceeded my expectations. It's run by a nice, efficient South African couple, and is located less than 15 minutes drive from the O R Tambo Airport.

My flight was over an hour late and the driver had not found me but they quickly sent him back to pick me up after I called. I was tired and had not eaten dinner, but the owner/manager had kept supper for me, then cheerfully helped me set up my wifi connection and find me a power adaptor. Made me feel like at home.

The property is very secure, with modern-style rooms and parking area in the back, more rooms and a dining and games room in the front, and a nice clean pool. The rooms are spotlessly clean and of decent size with a work desk and queen-size bed, and very quiet so you'll get a good night's sleep. One of the rules is "no noise after 10pm".

There is a nice buffet breakfast served in a common dining room, and the transfer to and from the airport is included in the room price. There is free fast wifi available. Rooms half the price of the airport hotel. Very good value. I'll be back here again when passing through JoBurg.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the property might be a bit quieter
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This hidden away accommodation is perfect. 10 mins from the airport, free shuttle to & from.
Rooms are very clean, water hot & plenty of it, beds are comfortable and snuggly , TV & free wifi the list goes on. Aurthur & Ina are so hospitalble & welcoming. We stayed 1 nite and came back for 1 more!
I cant recommend this Guesthouse highly enough. So much better than the more expensive star rated high rise accommodation near Joburg airport. Thanks Aurthur & Ina.

Room Tip: They are all good.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is a great option if you need to be near the airport. I was picked up after a late flight, whisked to my room, and they even opened the bar so I could have a glass of wine. Very homey and family-style breakfast area and the room was extremely comfortable. It was very cold and there were tons of blankets so I slept snugly.In the morning, they got me back to the airport so I could get my next flight with lots of time to spare. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

One of my favorite things about South Africa: I say, "thank you", and the response is, "pleasure!".
Ina and Arthur, the hosts at Sunrock are pure pleasure! Their hospitality is gracious and their enjoyment is infectious! Add in Fatty the dog and his pal, a parrot, 2 charming kids and a staff that pleases--it's a winning combination.
Rooms are nice, clean and our bed ws very comfy. Internet was a bit weak in the room, but quite good in public areas. Arthur does a mean braai--we had lamb ribs and sausage--yum!! Great side dishes and a generously stocked honour bar. I think every guest took advantage of dinner that night. The inlcuded breakfast was good, as well--served in a charming dining space, not unlike a tea room. Ina has a wonderful lilting laugh and the sunniest disposition.
Sunrock has a good-sized pool, a small manicured lawn area and sitting/lounging places alongside. Shuttle service was easy, convenient and free. I don't believe you could go wrong.
We highly recommend a stop here.
We'd certainly return to Sunrock for our next connection thru Joburg!

Room Tip: I think they have rooms with 2 doubles and [ours] 1 king/single. Not sure what other configs are ava...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

This place is really close to O.R.Tambo airport. Very suitable for transit passengers.Rooms are very comfortable. Bathrooms come with both shower enclosure and bath-tub. But the most amazing attraction is the food. Their cook Loyd is simply a master chef.I find myself lucky to enjoy the taste of his cooking.I just couldnt get enough :)
They have nicely manicured lawn with nice flowers.they have pets too, 2 dogs and a BIG talking parrot !

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed here for one night whilst transiting from Victoria Falls to Kruger. Picked up on time from OR Tambo airport. The rooms we booked were amazingly comfortable and the dinner we were able to secure was tasty. Best of all was the free internet connection ( hadn't been on for over a month). We left very early before breakfast but the owner was there to farewell us. Certainly an excellent place to stay - loved the dogs!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Sunrock Guesthouse? Share your experiences!