“EXCELLENT” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Garden Court O.R. Tambo International Airport

You added Garden Court O.R. Tambo International Airport to your Saves list
Garden Court O.R. Tambo International Airport
2 Hulley Road, Isando Ext. 3 | Johannesburg Airport, Kempton Park 1627 , South Africa   |
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Kempton Park
Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom
“EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We were picked up from the O.R.Tambo by the shuttle bus and taken to the hotel,once there it was a quick check in.The room itself was spacious and comfortable,we then nipped down to the bar which happened to be still open at 11pm.The breakfast was help yourself but was fantastic,tea and coffee brought to your table!! We then checked out again with the shuttle bus taking us back to the airport to pick up the hire car!! I really recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
LisaAnnNeale, Manager at Garden Court O.R. Tambo International Airport, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
My sincere thanks to you for taking the time to share your experience with me and my management team. The Garden Court OR Tambo prides itself on Service Excellence and our Customer Care. . It is through Guest Feedback like yours that we are able to maintain our High Standards and services delivery levels and put a proud smile on the faces of our Employees.

Yours in Hospitality

Assistant General Mana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We had three overnight stays at Garden Court, flying in and out of Johannesburg to other parts go Africa. The hotel is ideally located, 5 minutes from the airport and the shuttle bus service is great, even provided service for midnight arrival. Enjoyed the breakfast with the chef cooking eggs to order. We ate at the Irish pub and couldn't believe how cheap it was, equivalent of $28 aus for two big mains, wine and a beer. The staff were friendly, organizing a late check out for a late flight was no problem, the rooms were spotless and the grounds were pretty and well maintained. I would stay here again

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

I have read your comments with great Pride and can assure you that I will convey your comments to our team. It is through Guest Feedback like yours that we are able to maintain our High Standards and services delivery levels and put a proud smile on the faces of our Employees.

Yours in Hospitality

www.tripadvisor.com
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

When arriving from a long trip from the USA via London to Johannesburg, we were advised to stay overnight at a hotel in Johannesburg before catching our next flight to Richard's Bay to begin our week long safari. We booked into the Garden Court as it was off the airport premises and we had read good reviews on trip advisor. They also offer free shuttle to and from the airport and there is a restaurant in the hotel as well as an Irish Pub that is separate from the hotel but attached.

The hotel sent clear directions regarding their shuttle and it was easy to find. The hotel is not posh but it is clean and quiet and the staff is extremely helpful and accommodating. When our luggage didn't arrive, they were cautious to advise us where to shop and insisted that we use the hotel shuttle so the driver could drop us off and pick us up when we called his cellphone. Our safety was a concern to them. They also assisted us with multiple calls to the airport to locate our luggage as it was hard to understand the various dialects.

The hotel food was adequate but the service was exceptional. Everyone in the dining room wanted to make us comfortable. We recommend the Irish Pub for dinner as the food is very good and the portions are very filling.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through Johannesburg as they genuinely cared about our well being!

Room Tip: Notify the hotel of any specific concerns when booking and send followup emails with requests for ad...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
My sincere thanks to you for taking the time to share your experience with me and my management team. The Garden Court OR Tambo prides itself on Service Excellence and Customer Care. One of the things I am most proud about when it comes to our team is their willingness to get involved in every aspect of making a guests stay enjoyable and memorable and I am particularly happy to hear that our team was supportive and offered assistance at a time when you needed it. It is through Guest Feedback like yours that we are able to maintain our High Standards and services delivery levels and put a proud smile on the faces of our Employees.

NSW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

A comfortable and quiet hotel in which to stay after a long flight. Only about a 10 minute drive on a shuttle bus from the airport, the rooms are spotless, staff friendly and helpful and the breakfast is plentiful. Everything about the hotel is above average, except for poor wifi. The meals in the Irish restaurant are good and reasonably priced. Fully recommended for a stopover.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
LisaAnnNeale, Manager at Garden Court O.R. Tambo International Airport, responded to this review, March 21, 2013

I am pleased to read that we have been able to meet your expectations of our Hotel. Since your stay we have upgraded our WIFI system, hopefully you will return in the near future so that you may try our new system out and find it a big improvement on your last stay.

It is through Guest Feedback like yours that we are able to monitor our Service Delivery levels and make provisions to even further improve your “Guest Experience”. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future and trust that you will find improvement in these areas.

Mokopane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Why stay at Garden Court OR Tambo, Well, great service, clean rooms and best of all friendly helpful staff.
Even though the eating area was buffet style, the food was excellent and well presented. The conference facilities were top class.

One thing though i think they should look at is the WiFi accessibility throughout the hotel, the signal was really bad on the third floor.

Room Tip: Choose a non-smoking room, I had a great view of the pool area and the city horizon
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
LisaAnnNeale, Manager at Garden Court O.R. Tambo International Airport, responded to this review, March 20, 2013

I am pleased to read that we have been able to meet your expectations of our Hotel and appreciate your feedback regarding our wireless signal. We have our IT team looking into the signal strength.

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The hotel is about a 5-10 minutes away from the airport, and the hotel provides a shuttle service every 30 minutes. The rooms are well proportioned, clean and comfortable. The pricing is moderate for the convenience and proximity to the airport. The breakfast is above average. The only complaint is that internet is not provided, and the charge is somewhat expensive. Whilst I was visiting, the wifi was not working in the rooms.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

I am pleased to read that we have been able to meet your expectations of our Hotel. During your stay we were upgrading our wireless network and had a number of valley periods when the signal dipped. I apologise for the inconvenience and trust that should you stay with us in the future you find our signal strength much improved.

bedfordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The hotel is very near to the airport, has a shuttle service and is quiet despite being near the airport. A nice pool and loungers to chill out. A good choice if you need to stay near the airport.
If you want to go into Jo'burg it is quite a distance and a taxi is your best bet, particularly if you want to visit the Apartheid Museum, it is well worth going there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

I am pleased to read that we have been able to meet your expectations of our Hotel and I am glad that you were able to visit the Apartheid Museum during your stay, the experience is one I am sure you will carry with you forever.

Garden Court OR Tambo International Airport Hotel

Been to Garden Court O.R. Tambo International Airport? Share your experiences!