“Excellent place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Woodpecker's Inn

Woodpecker's Inn
You added Woodpecker's Inn to your Saves list
Woodpecker's Inn
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   29 Driedoring Ave | Glen Marais X1, Kempton Park 1620, South Africa   |
Ranked #8 of 56 Kempton Park B&B and Inns
South Houston, Texas
“Excellent place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I needed a place to crash, before leaving the next morning. I arrived, dead tired, late at night. My PH recommended the place, as he always stayed there. Marni picked me up and drove me home, where her Mom fed me a really nice meal, despite the hour. I don't know what one of the local dishes was, but it was terrific.
I was treated like favorite family, stayed in a really nice room, and left the next morning, smiling. I highly recommend the family, and their home.

Room Tip: Take whatever they offer. It'll be good.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I had an amazing stay at Woodpecker's Inn. My reservation was at shortnotice but they managed to accommodate me. The room was amazing, cleanliness of the room was the highlight of my stay. Its a peaceful place, really loved it. Will definately recommend to family and friends, and i would most definately use it again.

Thank you to the management and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Room are very big and Spacious. Bathroom is beautiful.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Cape Town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I have been staying at Woodpeckers on a monthly basis close to two years.For me the service and attention to detail impressed me from the first time I stayed.The rooms are always immaculately prepared with many small extras included,like complimentary Sherry and Biscuits on offer in the rooms.Rooms are tastefully decorated.Marnie always goes the extra mile for her guests and nothing ever seems to much.For me the location is close to my office and airport so this obviously suits me as well.Well done!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Thanks for the lovely hospitality I received from your guest house I really enjoyed the stay with your warm welcome and friendship that you gave us. We will always remember it and will come pop around when we visit Johannesburg again in our holiday during August 2012

Send me regards to all your staff.

Kind regards.
Irvan Bekker

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Woodpecker's Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Woodpecker's Inn

Address: 29 Driedoring Ave | Glen Marais X1, Kempton Park 1620, South Africa
Location: South Africa > Gauteng > Greater Johannesburg > Kempton Park
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool
Ranked #8 of 56 B&Bs / Inns in Kempton Park
Hotel Class:3 star — Woodpecker's Inn 3*
Woodpecker’s Inn is an upmarket 3 star Bed & Breakfast guesthouse situated in Kempton Park, 15 minutes drive from the OR Tambo International Airport. Guests are received in ultimate luxury & service excellence. Woodpecker’s Inn Guesthouse opened in May 2008 & provides accommodation to international, corporate travellers & families. Our staff are more than willing to assist you where possible to make you feel comfortable and at home. At Woodpecker’s Inn we pride ourselves in offering you a four star property at 3 star rates that simply make your life easier. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Woodpecker's Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Woodpecker's Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.