“Corporate stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of African Moon Corporate House

and 1 more site!
You added African Moon Corporate House to your Saves list
African Moon Corporate House
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   63 Rietfontein Rd, Glen Marais, Kempton Park 1619, South Africa   |
Offers & Announcements
Free parking
Ranked #14 of 56 Kempton Park B&B and Inns
Winterton, South Africa
“Corporate stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Was very happy with the location as it was out of the major traffic areas and far enough from the airport. Room was nice overall but need some work on the bathroom facilities. i.e poor pressure, shower heads not working properly. Delicious food :) Suggest that you have a list of taxi services on office door for people wanting to use it. Overall very good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

StephanMalan, Owner at African Moon Corporate House, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Hi Adri
Thank you for the nice review.We are currently attending to the water pressure in some rooms.I have also instructed management to have various taxi options available.Hope to see you again.

Regards
Stephan Malan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

African Moon is a nice place to stay. Large rooms, well decorated. Relaxed to sit at the pool after the day. Only disadvantages: my room was not clean and it was not easy to get in after arriving in the evening.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

StephanMalan, Owner at African Moon Corporate House, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Guest , thank you for the kind review. Hope to see you soon again.
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

After a recommendation from some travelers I met in Zimbabwe and the free airport shuttle, I booked the African Moon. Unfortunately, it was a disappointing experience.

The room I booked was the "luxury room". It was fine but not exactly luxury by standard. The bed was clean but the bathroom had torn open shampoo packets and ashes on the candle holder (despite being a non-smoking room). I did point out the ashes and it was cleaned by house keeping.

The free breakfast was good and the honor system bar is a nice way of treating guests.

My main disappointment came from the customer service from the assistant manager (I was told the manager was on holiday by another employee). I was hoping for some help as I was in Johannesburg to spend some time at the Department of Home Affairs regarding citizenship and passport. The overall attitude I received was not very helpful. After not being able to get much help on transport options for where I needed to, I decided I needed to rent a car. Thus, I asked to arrange the shuttle back to the airport. I was told by the assistant manager that it was not possible that morning as they were doing some building and the driver was out for a while. She then recommended I should book a taxi. I asked if I could eat breakfast and then check status.

After breakfast, I saw the driver so I assumed he was back. I went again to ask the asst. manager if it was now possible to get a ride to the airport to pick up my rental car. I was again told that the driver was still busy and I would have to book a taxi. She booked one and I then sat outside to wait.

A few minutes later the driver (he is one of the good things about the hotel) wandered by and stopped to chat. I asked him how he was and commented that I heard he was busy. He told me that he was not busy and that it was actually really slow and quiet at the hotel. I was shocked. He asked if I needed a ride somewhere and I told him what I was told and that I had a taxi on the way. He was then shocked and told me the truth - that the asst. manager was out using the car for her personal use (she was gone in the car at this point). He told me the customers are the number one priority and the shuttle was there for us.

Needless to say, I was extremely frustrated as I had to pay for a service that was supposed to be free. I decided to check out the next morning and will not stay at that hotel on my further travels in Joburg. I do appreciate the honesty of the driver - he was a really nice guy and extremely friendly each time I spoke to him.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest, thank you for taking your time to write this review. We are investigating this unfortunate issue. We apologize for the inconvenience. Hope to see you soon.
Kempton Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We want to thank you for your excellent hospitality, service all through excellent! We have not made use of any room or sleeping facility will not comment on that. Location very good and easy accessible. Thank you very much, we will most defenitely see you again!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Gerhard, we are looking forward to your next visit. Thank you so much for the great review.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

excellent value and great service for low budget, very friendly and helpful staff, really home made breakfast lovely start in the day, very nice pool area with bar and relaxing spots, DVD in every room perfect!!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest, Thank you for the kind review. I am glad the guesthouse was suitable for your needs. See you soon
Nelspruit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Hey I enjoyed my stay at your lodge. Its beautiful, well set out, rooms comfortable (love the size!). Love the wooden tile floors! Loved the breakfast. Okay I liked your place period. The main door was never shut and I drew a great sense of security from this than otherwise, I mean who does that unless they are very confident about their external security measures. The Honesty Bar, can't help but smile just thinking about, at this day & era, in Jo'burg, no one believes me when I tell them. You guys have an awesome thing going on there. Keep it up and thank you. SD

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

StephanMalan, Owner at African Moon Corporate House, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Hi SD.Thank you for the great review,hope to see you again.Our honesty bar has been going for ever and has been a talking point all around.Next time I will even buy you a drink.Enjoy.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Me and My Girlfriend stayed at African Moon for two nights. Bright picked us up from the airport at 11pm to ensure we got their safely and then dropped us back at the airport to pick up our hire car the next morning. I thought the rooms were fantastic and well equipped. We didn't stay around the house much as we had plenty to do in Joburg but our experience was fine nevertheless!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for the great review.

Been to African Moon Corporate House? Share your experiences!