“The Extra Mile” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 56 Kempton Park B&B and Inns
Bloemfontein
“The Extra Mile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at AfricaSky several times in the last five years. Every time we have been there, the staff has been impressively friendly and competent. The atmosphere there is exceptional. On one occasion my wife was struggling with an illness and did not have an appetite. The owner, Diedre, brainstormed with us until she came up with something that was perfect! It was not just the effort that impressed us, but the care. We will be staying again in a couple of weeks, and we look forward to it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

As an inbound tour operator Cruiselite Tours & Safaris has been using the luxurious AfricaSky Guesthouse for about 11 years. We have always found the accommodation to be extremely comfortable, 'squeaky' clean and the meals are wonderful. To top this all off, the staff headed up by Diedre and Schutte are all very friendly and will go out of their way to make sure your stay is as pleasant as possible. Their airport transfer service has always been reliable, so we also use this service for some of our guests who are in transit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Germantown, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My wife and I were on our way to Namibia, Africa for a hunting safari and had to spend the night in Johannesburg to connect with our flight the next morning.
If you are transporting your firearm by way of South Africa you have a lot of hoops to jump through--Paper work, Permits, etc. Africa Sky has a package for this; take care of the permits, meet you at the airport, room for the night, supper + breakfast and take you back to the airport. This package was GREAT!!!
We were met at the airport by Gilbert. Very, very nice person. He took care of all the paper work for my rifle, transported us to Africa Sky and took all our baggage to our room.
We sat down to a lovely dinner, or should I say "Feast". Wonderful food.
Our bedroom was on the order of a "Resort" hotel room. Wonderful accommodations.
Gilbert took us back to the airport the next morning. This man stayed with us from check-in to our first security check point. This is how Africa Sky takes care of all its customers.
If I'm lucky enough to go through Johannesburg again, Africa Sky will get my business

Mauser.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stayed for just one evening but would have loved to stay longer. Great location at only 15-20 minutes from Tambo Airport. Guesthouse is tastefully decorated in African style. It's smaller size makes for a more intimate and relaxing stay. Pool was a good size and fire pit area was a great place to retreat to with a glass of wine after a long days drive. Staff were wonderful ...even staying late to serve us dinner. Kitchen closed at 9:00 pm we arrived at 8:45 pm. Breakfast was also very enjoyable with a large selection of foods. Our room was huge, clean and nicely decorated. My 8 year old daughter loved the towel elephants. Owners came by our table at breakfast to greet us and ask how our stay had been. As one reviewer mentioned this place is truly a hidden gem!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Excellent service .Very helpful staff . This place is so beautiful and tranquil .If I ever travel back to Johannesburg I know where I am going to stay . This time we only stayed for one night and we really liked it their . My favourite part was quit dinner with music playing in the background .

• Stayed February 2013
Ithaca, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I travel to South Africa about 4 times per year. A friend introduced me to the Africa Sky about 5 or 6 years ago and sad to say, I've never written a review for it. Shame on me. Part of that reasoning is to keep it as a hidden gem for myself! It is one of my favorite places to stay in the world! Rooms are nice, food is amazing, staff are wonderful, all the little things to make a regular out of any business traveler. You know, things like remembering who you are, joking with you, making sure all is well, and on and on. It truly is one of my 'second homes'!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This guest house is a wonderful option for an overnight stay, or longer, while flying in or out of O.R. Tambo Airport.

Set in a garden oasis of flowers, greenery and water, it offers a pleasant environment to sit in the sunshine at one of the many tables. Our room was large, and somewhat basic, but clean and comfy. Breakfast was very good, and we also had our evening meal in the restaurant, selecting a tasty meal from a limited menu. The general areas were bright, and yet cosy and comfortable.

All of the staff were very courteous and friendly, and the owner personally thanked us for staying with them as she walked us to their efficient shuttle bus that took us to the airport.

A very pleasant alternative to the large cookie cutter hotels that surround the airport.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to AfricaSky Guest House? Share your experiences!