“Lovely!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Safari Club

You added Safari Club to your Saves list
Safari Club
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   68 Pomona Rd | OR Tambo International Airport, Kempton Park 0056, South Africa   |
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Kempton Park
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Lovely!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Lovely place to stay. Close to airport and shuttle included in price as well as breakfast. Option of dinner as well. Clean rooms and has a lovel garden with a pool (small). Would reccomend to anyone thinking of staying in Johannesburg!

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Thai first
Oudtshoorn, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

If you are flying into Jo'burg with a view to making an early start the following morning in order to
get to the Kruger Park in time to enjoy a day in the park, then this place is perfect !
It is an oasis set amongst the hustle and bustle of the airport district - delightful thatched suites
very nicely furnished and with a very comfy bed - we didn't eat at the hotel itself as it set minutes
away on the highway from what must surely be hundreds of big city attractions, but everything was spotlessly clean and the staff all appeared not only friendly but efficient as well !
This little spot is probably perfect for people exploring J'burg and the eastern towns due to its proximity to rhe airport and easy access to all the highways.
We thoroughly enjoted staying here as the beginning of our safari in the bush !!
...and we'll be back !!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I will definitely be back to stay over again and feel very happy referring anyone to Safari Club SA, knowing that they will receive professional and Proudly South African treatment? What a African experience and value for money. I loved the African decorated rooms, spacious and clean, overlooking the beautiful and tranquil garden , sparkling pool and water features. It felt like we were in the middle of a valley with running water and tweeting birds. So central to where we needed to be, five minutes from OR Tambo and the Gautrain station leading to the main business hubs such as Sandton and Johannesburg. I appreciated the welcoming ambience of the courteous and helpful staff and felt so safe there. The waitress checked on us constantly whilst serving breakfast. There is a relaxing lounge and bar with lots of reading material and a computer station.

Room Tip: Garden rooms bring the outdoors in, so relaxing and quiet
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I had booked to stay at MoAfrika Lodge for a one night layover in Johannesburg. When I presented my booking confirmation, I was informed that they did not have a room available; I was told that they were going to 'upgrade' me to a room in their ‘sister’ hotel – Safari Club. Upon arrival at Safari club, just in time to place my dinner order, I got to see where I'd be sleeping. The room was in the main building right next to the highway, so the noise of cars and trucks was quite extreme. Although the room had a huge bathroom, the bath was filthy. I was desperate for a good night's rest, as I knew the next day I had a long-haul flight. I asked for a different room and got "Ethosha" across the hall, which was quieter. The carpet was grungy; I wore shoes the entire time. The towels were frayed and blemished. Basic local TV channels only - when I enquired about the satellite channels as advertised, they claimed not to know that these were not working and could not be fixed that night. Upon enquiring to stay in the room for a couple of extra hours, I was told abruptly that I had to pay half-day rate. Ordinarily I would do this, but I was getting fed up with their atrocious customer relations. Other hotels I have stayed at would have offered this for free or would have offered a complimentary dinner for the inconvenience caused. So, I spent my time the next morning sitting in the garden which was quite relaxing with some interesting birds wandering the lawns. Before leaving, I took the opportunity to look at the garden rooms, which surround the main building. These appear to be the ‘quality’ rooms. My room and the service I received were not worth the four stars of this place.

Room Tip: Insist on a garden room, not a room in the main building that houses the kitchen, restaurant and rec...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Benoni, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I have now stayed at the Safari Club on two separate occasions. Once with my mother, and the second time with my son. Both times have been absolutely breathe taking, and if my purpose were to go there for a rejuvenation stay over - that is exactly what i received. It has been some time now since i was there last, and i feel it is time to book in again. My stay was more than relaxing, peaceful, serene and it is most definitely the hidden little Gem in the East Rand by far. I will gladly recommend this Lodge to anyone, whether it be a night stay-over or for a little break, you have every amenity at your finger tips, and if it is not on site - the staff are extremely accommodating and friendly. All Round an absolutely divine stay, and really looking forward to my next one. :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We were recommended this hotel by the Tourism counter at the airport because we wanted a day room before our evening flight departure. The hotel is about a 5 minute drive from the airport and there is a free shuttle service.

The hotel is a bit basic but the room was spotlessly clean. The hotel also has a nice outside area and a small pool.

We only stayed for a couple of hours to freshen up and it was ideal for this purpose.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hillbrow, Gauteng, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for two nights from the 7th December ,I received a warm welcome from management and the service I had from the staff was marvelous not forgetting their rooms were so clean and I was offered a healthy delicious dinner.
So if you want to be in the calm place request the outside rooms they very nice then you will enjoy your stay.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Safari Club? Share your experiences!