We were only there one night. Maybe if we hadn't just come from a 5-star Private Game Lodge we would have enjoyed it more. Unfortunately, the air-conditioner in our room did not work and it was cold in there. The staff were very helpful, no complaints there, and they brought us over some extra bedding. One of our lamps also didn't work, but by that stage, we didn't wish to complain more. We were disappointed that our room wasn't fully operational and obviously hadn't been checked. The staff did say that the air-conditioner was going to be fixed the next day, but that wasn't much good to us. Bathroom toiletries were also very minimal. We found the food to be adequate, certainly not good, and also reasonably expensive compared to what we had been paying in other restaurants around South Africa. But, once there, you really don't want to go out as the surrounding neighbourhood is not enticing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Transfers to and from Johannesburg International Airport. Luxury Accommodation, 4 minutes from Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL and Agoda so you can book your Safari Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Safari Club Hotel Kempton Park
- Safari Hotel Johannesburg