“Good food, good service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ghazal

Ghazal
Coachmans Crossing Centre, Peter Place Road | Peter Place, Johannesburg, South Africa
011-706 9826/9412
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #33 of 763 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Good food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Just popped in at Ghazal for a quick dinner, on arrival they were busy closing. The manager informed us that they were closing, but immediately offered to help us with a take away meal if we should wish. We accepted, had a great meal and the friendly service was what makes us return time and again.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Vegetarian nightmare - given lamb!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Not happy, I told them I was a vegetarian but I do eat fish. They said they would make me a fish korma. When they brought it, I took a mouthful and realised it was not fish. To my horror I found out it was lamb. Although they replaced this with paneer, I think as a vegetarian this was a terrible experience. The least they should have done is not charged me!

Visited November 2012
“Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Ghazal has lovely food and the rest of Jozi thinks so too. If you don't book you're unlikely to get a table as I rather sadly found out.

Visited August 2012
Ballito, South Africa
“" The Best Indian Cuisine you'll ever experience "”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have traveled extensively through South Africa and can confidently say the Ghazal's Lamb Korma and Chicken Maknee just simply cannot be equaled @ any authentic Indian Restaurant - everyone else can only hope to fight it out for 2nd position !

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Indian cuisine.(Peter Place, Bryanston)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We love and know Indian cuisine. Ghazal is definitely our favourite. Lovely venue, comfortable dining room. Wonderful fresh food, not heavy and always delights the taste buds!!Good unobtrusive service from knowledgeable waiters.Must book in advance!

Visited November 2012