“fabulous weekend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fabz Estate Hotel

You added Fabz Estate Hotel to your Saves list
Fabz Estate Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cnr Concourse Crescent and Alliway Street | Lonehill, Fourways, Johannesburg 2021, South Africa   |
Ranked #31 of 71 Hotels in Johannesburg
Johannesburg, South Africa
“fabulous weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Enjoyed my weekend away with my husband as wasn't sure to spent weekend away in winter but it worked perfectly fine for us and waking up to a lake view sunshine morning, including the warm welcome and friendliness of staff also had romantic dinner in their cellar, enjoyed juicy steak and breakfast the following morning which was amazing.Fabz a place to be!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Had a great stay here, location worked out perfect for me with the business I had to do in the area, rooms comfortable and really friendly staff, dinner was top draw, would recommend the Oxtail if you are planning a trip!!

Room Tip: For business in Johannesburg North, Fourways etc very convenient location that minimises traffic iss...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

6 "girls" travelled from Zimbabwe for the Bon Jovi concert. We were very impressed with all aspects of Fabz Estate Hotel. The staff were friendly and made our stay so much more enjoyable. The breakfasts were absolutely fabulous! An all round thumbs up from the Zimbos.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

The venue is amazing for a suburban/country venue. I believe it is good on the weekend however my family and I had a horrible experience. The food was average and I had to send my R149.00 fillet back because they cooked it well done and it was dry. I order med rare. By now we forgave this because of the setting which was ruined by the garden maintenance weed eating right next to our table! For half an hour. When we left the manager took our complaint but seemed to not care less, I think she was happy to get the weed eater back to work.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dennisj1977, Manager at Fabz Estate Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Jason,

I am very sorry to hear of your unfortunate experience last week. We do have a landscaping company that do routine maintenence once a week. This of course is not intended to interfere with our clientel in any way, and I have taken the nessecary steps to ensure this does not happen again.

I do however appreciate your feedback so I can addess these issues.

Dennis Jocks
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

At Fabz having a conference with building works going on. Rediculous ! How can take money for a conference when bashing and doing building works!

• Stayed June 2012
Dennisj1977, General Manager at Fabz Estate Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Matt,

We are sincerely sorry to you and the other conference candidates who were with us through the construction of our new Conferencing venue. It was a very difficult time, as it always is during a refurbishment, we have received rave reviews on our newly completed venue. Again we are sorry that this did effect your event but look forward to seeing you at Fabz again.

Regards,

Dennis Jocks
Mount Edgecombe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

The service was excellent! Outstanding.
The accommodation was so spacious and clean.
The hotel is near a few shopping centre's, close to freeway, Gym,
Homely environment, friendly, pool accessible. Had our conference there and it was all in the same area. What a pleasure!!
Garden environment is relaxing especial as it is a city!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Johannesburg, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

I was shocked to see such bad comments on a place that I frequent and honestly believe is an undiscovered gem for young families. The only fault I can find with the place is in their marketing. Myself and my partner often go there for a long lunch by the duck pond or early dinner with friends, then even though the drive home to Morningside is not far, we stay the night with our 4 kids, who have then had an action-packed day of riding their bikes around the dam, feeding the ducks and playing on the jungle-gym. The kids have a ball and so do we and can't wait for our next stay!! Our accommodation is always comfortable and clean and the staff are always friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to Fabz Estate Hotel? Share your experiences!