Stayed for 3 nights in early December, arriving mid-morning on Sunday - shown to my room immediately and offered complimentary guava juice. All the staff were delightful. Hotel was full but somehow it never felt crowded or busy. Breakfast outside overlooking the gardens was a great start to the day - lots of cooked options and sumptuous continental spread (champagne available). Wifi reception good on the verandah, which was a lovely place to relax with a beer and catch up on email etc. Checked out late on Wednesday evening, incurring a ZAR500 late checkout fee - which was reasonable given I had the room til 6pm. The hotel is a few blocks from Nelson Mandela's house in the lovely Houghton suburb, very green. Hotel arranged for airport pick up and drop off in Mercedes, reasonable at around ZAR400 taking 30 minutes. Very happy with the entire experience (colleagues stayed at Sunny Side, nearby, and were very disappointed, with one moving to 10 2nd Avenue after a couple of nights!)
- Also Known As:
- 10 2nd Avenue Houghton Estate Hotel Johannesburg
- 10 2nd Avenue Houghton Estate Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- • 10 2ND AVENUE HOUGHTON ESTATE is an established, 5 Star Boutique Hotel of superb luxury and effortless style in Johannesburg. Nestled in lush, landscaped gardens, it provides gourmet cuisine and warm, South African hospitality. 10 2ND AVENUE HOUGHTON ESTATE has 14 Luxury Rooms, as well as an exquisite Presidential Suite, which all include our "Champagne" Breakfast, flat screen TVs, full bouquet of DSTV (satellite) channels and the option of under floor heating or a fireplace. The hotel has various boardrooms and from midday guests are served our signature Deli Lunch - making it the ideal location for private affairs, events and weddings for up to 60 guests. For those seeking relaxation, the outside area allows guests to soak up the warmth of the African sun beside the sparkling pool, set adjacent to the cocktail bar. Evenings are enjoyed in the unique ambiance of the wine cellar or indulging in a pre-dinner drink beside a cosy fire prior to savouring 10 2ND AVENUE HOUGHTON ESTATE’s renowned culinary delights. Whether it is for business or pleasure, 10 2ND AVENUE HOUGHTON ESTATE offers guests impeccable, attentive and personalized service while at all times embodying our ethos of "Gracious Living in Luxury." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your 10 2nd Avenue Houghton Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.