“Amazing, amazing, amazing!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Johannesburg
“Amazing, amazing, amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

This is a beautiful hidden gem that I'm so glad we finally got to try. The food was magnificent, masterchef quality. The service was the best we've experienced at any restaurant ever. They really turned my husband's birthday dinner into a proper occasion. It doesn't come cheap, but it was worth every cent. Would recommend it to anyone looking for great restaurant for an important occasion.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

78% Recommend
Johannesburg
“Fantastic special occasion!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

This is a great restaurant with fantastic flair. I took foreign guests who were treated with a live band throughout the evening. The food was great with a very interesting menu and awesome wine list. I would push the SA wines more than the foreign selection as our quality is top notch and really well priced! Apart from that, it was a truly memorable evening and the next visit has been penciled in my diary.

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Best choice for Sunday brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

The Johannesburg crowd loves a Sunday brunch, this is one of the best. Starting with the seafood buffet (crayfish, prawns, oysters etc), all the dishes were great today. The roast beef and Yorkshire pudding was exceptional, accompanied by veggies from the Saxon's garden, wonderful turnips etc. The dessert table was exceptional, although the cheese and biscuits needed some expansion - only 3 cheeses (and 2 biscuits when I visited). Great service. An altogether classy experience for a cold and wet Joburg Sunday! (Decor needs a serious update!)

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Johannesburg, South Africa
“A special night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

The service levels, the ambience and the quality of the food combined to make a very special night out.

• Visited November 2013
Roodepoort
“Five star restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary at Qunu restaurant. I could not have chosen a better restaurant to celebrate this special occasion. From the time you park your vehicle some one is there to immediately open the door and a scuttle is ready to escort you to the entrance to the moment you leave the hotel and restaurant there is a staff member to attend to your every need. The restaurant is stylish but not too formal as to make you feel uncomfortable. It is beautifully decorated and on the Thursday evening we were there some one was playing beautiful romantic music on the piano and saxophone. I had the cobb salad for a starter and my husband the prawn and avocado salad. We both agreed that it was the freshest and tastiest salads we have had. The portions are big. For main I had the pork belly with fennel and mash and my husband the fish Thai curry. Both meals were delicious and we ended the meal with the cheese platter. Qunu is not your every day restaurant and it is quite pricy but for a special occasion it is perfect.