Looking for a spot that offers you the luxury of years gone by at yesterday's prices? Look no further!
We decided to be tourists in our own city and try this low profile 5* boutique hotel. Were we amazed! Some of the things we loved:
* grand rooms with the highest ceilings we've ever seen
* peaceful tranquility with no noise at all, except for birdsong in the courtyard. Our room overlooked
* having fluffy slippers laid out next to our beds during turndown service
* being offered a complimentary bottle of brut when we just ordered 2 glasses from room service
We'll be back!
If you love this, try the other Joburg gem: Central One restaurant in Sandton. Just 5km away so you could combine the 2 :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated boutique experience for even the most discerning visitor, Johannesburg's Hotel Monarch combines first-world amenities with old world grandeur, creating a welcoming space for business travellers and tourists alike. From the chandeliered lounges to the manicured garden, the hotel features an eclectic mix of antique furniture and luxurious fabrics, off-set by an extensive collection of modern art pieces by new and emerging South African artists. Originally the 1930 Saxonwold Post Office on Oxford Road, the building is admired for its stunning architecture as well as its rich cultural history. Every exquisite suite is air-conditioned and includes its own private lounge and luxury bathroom. Free Wi-Fi, satellite television and DVD players are standard inclusions, with some suites featuring their own kitchenette. A sumptuous breakfast is served in the highly regarded hotel restaurant, where guests are also spoilt for choice with extensive lunch and dinner menus featuring fresh, seasonal ingredients. Additionally, room service and packed lunches are available. A team of highly capable and knowledgeable staff is available 24 hours to assist with travel, tourism and an undertaking to ensure that every stay surpasses their guests' valued expectations. For the shopping enthusiast, Hotel Monarch is half a mile from Rosebank Mall. Killarney Golf Club is a 4-minute drive away and central Johannesburg is 6 miles from the property. Free, secure parking is available on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Otel, Venere, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and South African Hotels so you can book your Monarch Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.