Stayed here recently on a business trip and hated every minute of it. The rooms are old and outdated and the hotel itself can do with a complete makeover.
The breakfast is weak and the location is dark and dangerous. You never feel safe in this area.
The smoking rooms have a stale smell as if they were not aired out properly. I am a frequent guest but was never acknowledged as one at check-in which is a let down considering the amount of business i give the group. From here i flew to Cape Town and stayed at Garden Court Eastern Boulevard and the difference in service was extreme. Eastern Boulevard reckonised me as a frequent guest and even supplied my morning newspaper as promised. Far cry from Milpark where i never got my paper.
Oh and they dont have showers...the shower over the bath scenario is pretty annoying as there are puddles on the floor when you are done... how many businessmen have the time to soak in the tub in the morning??
I will not be back....ever!
- Also Known As:
- Garden Court Milpark Hotel
- Garden Court Milpark Hotel Johannesburg
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideal for both business and leisure travel the Garden Court Milpark Hotel is conveniently situated near the Johannesburg CBD. It offers everything that travellers expect from Garden Court hotels as well as that something extra that makes guests return time and again. In addition, it is the ideal destination for visitors needing access to the Universities of Witwatersrand and Johannesburg or the Milpark Hospital as well as the internationally renowned shopping complexes in Parktown, Rosebank and Sandton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Garden Court Milpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.