I went to Coobs last week Wednesday for my birthday with two friends. We phone and reserved a table the day before, on arrival a messy student looking hostess was leaning against the door to “welcome us”, she showed us to a table which was right by the door in the corner, it felt like we where been placed at the table that has less walking time for her. Now having reserved the day before you would assume that you do not get shoved into the worst table in the restaurant. We asked if a could move to the middle booth and as it was not reserved we were moved.
The waiter came to serve us about 10minutes after been moved, he never introduced himself we had to ask who was serving us. We had bought two bottles of champagne ( a Veuve Clicquot and a Tattinger) we opened the one and requested to open the second one… well that was meet with a snotty comment from the student hostess, “we do not allow a second bottle of corkage” we had not been advised of this and questioned her on this, “well I take every reservation and I always tell people about our one bottle rule so sorry but there is nothing we can do” We asked her again and she finally went off to request this from the chef. This was about a 15minute discussion before we had any response, they eventually let us open the bottle. Coobs did not have either of the champagnes we where drinking on the list, you have some entry level sparkling wines and then one semi good one? Why restrict your clients to one bottle it’s an unheard of rule and to be host a little petty!
Some general comments:
• The Hostess really spoiled the evening she was rude and snotty the entire time.
• They had only three waiters for the entire restaurant which clearly was not enough as service was slow
• We ordered the vegetables with one of the main courses, it only arrived when we were finished.
• The main course plates sat in front of us for about 15-20 minutes before we had to call someone to come and clear.
• A restaurant should be up selling, at no point where we offered other drinks/ waters/ desserts/ coffees
• The food was average nothing to write home about, pork was over cooked and the steaks did not resemble any ribeye I have ever seen.
• The table next to us waited almost and hour and half for their main course and when complained where just handled badly by the waiter and hostess
Overall the experience was very disappointing, from service to the food. The décor is really lovely and it’s a shame that this restaurant seems to run on that. They need to understand that with no customers there is not restaurant, so you should be treating them better!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.