“Joburg” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 61 activities in Johannesburg
Type: Bus tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: For the best way to see Johannesburg & Soweto. Travel by double decker, open-top red bus. Explore the City of Gold’s attractions at your own pace. Simply hop off and on at any of our stops with your ticket. Buses connect to the unique Soweto taxi tour extension, allowing you to visit this vibrant area near Johannesburg. Regular departures, 7 days a week – from 9am daily. Secure parking and departure points at Gautrain Station at Park and Gold Reef City Hotel. Visit the Apartheid Museum, Constitution Hill and James Hall Transport Museum and Mining District.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Joburg”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Good tour. Well worth the 120rand. Stop off at stop 3 Carlton Tower. Go up. Great views. But WiFi on bus does not connect to hotmail or Facebook :(
Tone <><
Cardiff, Wales

Visited July 2013

Johanesburg
“RED Bus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My familyu and I went on on the red bus tour of Johannesburg and it was awsome the bus driver was professional and courteous.

The conductor on the bus was so helpful and pleaseant, the ladies at the booth at Gold reef city were friendly and helpful explained all the vouchers and the terms to us.

We will defiantly be going again
Value for money is what we got on this trip

It is a defiant for all Joburgers and Tourists

Visited July 2013
Johannesburg
8 attraction reviews
“Joburgers - go tour your city.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

As is usually the case, I only get around to sightseeing in my own city when I have overseas guests.
This tour is amazing and well worth the time and money. Get your tickets online - there is a discount and then you can board at the Apartheid Museum where the parking is free and plentiful.Only downside of getting on there is that at the end of the circuit, the bus stops for a time on the other side of the road at Gold Reef City Hotel (where the ticket office is) before proceeding back to the Apartheid Museum. Not a problem in nice weather as you can just hop off and walk across the bridge in the direction of the amusement park and back to your car if you do not want to spend any time in the hotel complex.
This time there was only time for one "hop off" which we did at Constitutional Hill, where they quickly arranged a private guide for our party as we had children with us and so wanted to move through a little faster.
I will definately be going again and doing other stops - as previous posters have said - you cannot do them all in one day.
Joburg residents - do the tour - you will be pleasantly surprised by what your city has to offer!

Visited June 2013
Cape Town
17 attraction reviews
“The best way to see Jozie...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Boarded the bus outside of the Apartheid museum (Gold Reef City), fully wheelchair accessible and was well worth the money!
The tour goes right through the heart of the city centre, which I'm sure most would not dare to do on their own. Because we had boarded so late in the day we could only get off at 1 stop and I had decided on the Carlton Centre. The streets are busy and buzzing with energy. We were met by a guide provided by the City Sightseeing bus company and he walked with us to the Carlton Centre, which is a very good idea! We bought our tickets at the little kiosk, entered the express elevator and where whisked up to the 50th floor in no time.
The views of the concrete jungle are just great and they even have ramped platforms in each of the corners so if your in a wheelchair you can still see the view! Very nice touch, I think. There's also a little coffee shop and I'm not sure of the toilet situation.
From what I saw from the bus I wouldn't bother getting off at Gandhi square and or mini town.
I would most certainly do the bus tour again when next out that way, as there are still 2 or 3 stops where I would have like to have seen.

Visited May 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Best way to see Joburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This bus tour was informative, well organized and enjoyable. We hopped on the Gautrain at Rosebank and met up with the bus at Park Station. It is not possible to do all the sights in one day but it was a great way to learn more about Johannesburg and its history - a must for tourists and residents alike. Great friendly staff too. The stops have been well thought out and there is something for everyone along the tour.

Visited June 2013