“super place to go, very hosts, Lala en Tessa” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ristorante La Trinita

Ristorante La Trinita
Shop G1A , Kyalami Downs Centre | Cnr. Main & Kyalami Boulevard, Johannesburg 1684, South Africa
11 466 7949
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 762 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
South Africa
“super place to go, very hosts, Lala en Tessa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

super atmosphere, by Hosts Lala and Tessa.
But you have to book, that is why we hardly go.

food is good

Visited August 2012

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This restaurant was chosen by Top Chef around the world to be one of the 101 Restaurants to go. It is in a small shopping center outside of town, They serve great food and atmosphere is homely. Nothing fancy because food speak here.
You have to try the hand made pasta and risotto. Pastas are freshly made and also very light.
Salads are also well made using many kind of leaves.

Before ordering, ask La La (Proprietress) for special of the day. She will sing you the specials and they sound so good, you would wish you had a larger stomach to indulge all.
I recommend you to make a trip to this wonderful restaurant.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

When I planned my trip to South Africa, I was told that if I have a chance while I was in Johannesburg, I should make my way to La Trinita for dinner. I was not disappointed at all. There were five of us dining that night and upon entering the restaurant, we were greeted like family. The owner, Lala, introduced herself to us and sat at the table and went through the menu with us. She made everything sound so good ,that although I was at a table of almost strictly carnivores, we ordered the Melanzane starter and the boys just demolished it. Lala came back to the table and talked to us about the mains that we were thinking of. My partner had the gnocchi, which was made only when it was ordered. For a special that night they were offering a salmon filled gnocchi and it was amazing. Another member of our party was going to order a taglioloni, but after being informed that it wasn't a saucy pasta he agreed to have a pasta made specially just for him, with beef and a tomato sauce. We each had something different and we all had samples of each other's and there wasn't one item on that table that was not finished. The portions were a good size, not too large. I almost never finish a pasta dish in a restaurant but there was not a scrap remaining of the panzerotti which I ordered. I cannot say enough wonderful things about La Trinita and I strongly recommend dining there is one is in the neighbourhood. Fantastic!!!!

• Visited October 2012