“Great Day trip from Jo'burg!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Go Safari specialize in families, couples and small groups so with us you are not just a number you are a special guest. We do not have scheduled departures. Go Safari will arrange your personalised dream safari to Southern Africa. On our Kruger Park Safaris, Pilanesberg Safaris, Madikwe Safaris we only use Private Safari Lodges, Victoria Falls, Botswana Safaris, Cape Town, luxury trains and road transfers to suit your budget and requirements can be arranged.
Sydney, Australia
“Great Day trip from Jo'burg!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I ended up with an extra day in Jo'burg following - and was excited to find the opportunity to get away from the city and experience some of the nature South Africa is well known for! Glen and Susan were extremely helpful in aiding me in identifying how I could best utilize my time. I was picked up by Pierre at my hotel in Sandton and arrived just in time for a coffee before a morning safari, where our eagle eyed safari guide pointed out all the amazing sights to be seen. I had an amazingly relaxing day - and was a bit saddened to have to head to the airport, but was grateful to be dropped off there at the end of my day!

Visited June 2014
GoSafariSA, Owner at Go Safari - Day Safaris, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Hi Kelly T, I am glad we could help you with the morning game drive so we could get you back to the airport in time and that Pierre took good care of you. The advantage of our winter season is that you can get to Pilanesberg in time for the morning drive and enjoy the 3 hour drive and then have a "Brunch" and get back to Joburg in the afternoon.
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and i hope i have the pleasure of meeting you on your next visit to SA.

Dublin, Ireland
“Perfection at Pilanesberg with GoSafari”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We took a 1 day safari with Go Safari in July this year. We were collected by Glen in Sandton and driven straight to Pilanesberg National Park. The scenery on the drive up was beautiful and Glen's car was really comfy. After a 2 hour drive we had lunch at Bakubung (steak and chips followed by the most delicious chocolate mousse of my life!). Bakubung is a great place for kids and has a special club where kids can go on their own mini game drives. We then went on a 3 hour safari with our ranger, Yann. Words can't even begin to describe the experience! Within the first 10 minutes we had seen 5 white rhino and, not 1, but 3, herds of elephants!! It was incredible. Yann was a wealth of knowledge and made us feel very safe, even when Daddy elephant was 2 feet away from our truck! Following a tip, we headed off across the park in search of a pack of lions who had just been on a kill. Sure enough, after a 45 min drive (passing impala, zebra and hippo), we came across Mamma lion and her cubs having a rest in the shade after their dinner. The experience was a once in a lifetime! Please do remember to bring your thermals because when the sun sets and you are in an open roofed truck it is freezing cold! Glen was waiting for us back at the lodge and drove us back to our hotel in JoBurg. Such a great experience. If and when we come back it will definitely be with Glen and the GoSafari team!

Visited July 2014
Hi Roberta, i was a pleasure to take you and your "team" to Pilanesberg for the day and that you had a great game drive, Pilanesberg generally has good game viewing but 3 herds of elephant and a lion kill was lucky!
It is amazing that you leave the lodge and it is lovely and warm and two hours later you are freezing - but it is better than getting drenched by a summer storm.
I certainly hope to arrange another longer safari for you and your children in a few years time.
Regards
Newport, United Kingdom
“Two day safari”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

A really enjoyable way to safari. We were collected from our hotel, in Johannesburg, and driven to Pilansberg safari park. We chose the two day tour, staying one night in a chalet. The chalet was nice, three star, and served our needs. Most of the time you are out in the van looking for the big five. Instead of the park jeep we stayed in our van with the driver, roger, who had picked us up. This was so much easier and more personal than the open top jeeps. roger kept us entertained and worked hard to find good spots to view the animals. He van option is also a lot warmer than the frozen characters you see on the park jeeps. I would definitely recommend two days, you see more being in the park during the morning, by lunch time many of the animals are resting in the baking sun!

Visited June 2014
Hi Julian, thank you for taking the time to write the great review, it is appreciated. Driving in a normal closed vehicle does have its comfort advantages and you can drive in the park as long as you want to. Two days is great, you are correct, the more time you can spend it the park the better as you definitely see more.
Kind Regards
Hong Kong, China
“Absolutely excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We emailed Glen a couple months ago to arrange a 4 day Safari and we have had nothing but very very helpful and patient replies. He was very knowledgeable about lodges and where to stay and recommended Sausage Tree Safari Camp which turned out to be the most amazing lodge we could ask for. Glen picked us up from Johannesburg and proceeded to drive us for 6 hours to the lodge. He was so lovely and shared lots of interesting information about South Africa that made those 6 hours fly past. We also stopped at Blyde River Canyon which was breathtaking!

Overall, you couldn't ask for a more organised and friendlier person to help plan day trips! Communication was quick and helpful, and he even sent reminders to bring warm clothes and hats as it could get really cold. Would definitely recommend everyone to go with Go Safari.

Visited July 2014
GoSafariSA, Owner at Go Safari - Day Safaris, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Hi Karen
It was a pleasure to arrange the safari, and drive you to Sausage Tree. I am really happy that you enjoyed Sausage Tree, it does have a great "safari atmosphere". It was a pity I had to come back to JNB and could not stay there for the 1 night. Thank you for taking time to write this great review while you are still on holiday here in SA. I am sure you are enjoying Cape Town as well.
I certainly hope I have the pleasure of meeting you both again.
Oxford, Ohio
30 attraction reviews
“Trusted guide”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We asked Go Safari to arrange our safari visit to Pilanesberg National Park. They recommended a wonderful bush lodge and we truly enjoyed the experience. Go Safari was puncture, friendly and easy to work with. We had quite a few correspondence beforehand and Susan and Glen were patient with my inquiries and easy going. This is our first time to Africa and so it was easy and trouble free to have them arranged our visit. I highly recommend them.

Visited June 2014
Hi MTR5959, thank you for taking time to write this review, I do appreciate it. Staying at one of the smaller lodges in the Black Rhino concession area of Pilanesberg is great and worth the extra traveling and cost. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and being interested in Geology Pilanesberg was is a bonus.
We always do our best to make our guests have an enjoyable, trouble free visit to our stunning country.
Until next time