“Stunning wine pairing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Licorish Bistro

Licorish Bistro
Cnr Wedgewood Link & William Nicol Drive | 26`03`1005``S 28`01`1333``E, Johannesburg 2194, South Africa
011 706 0991
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 755 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Contemporary, Continental
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: It is at the new Nicolway Mall at Bryanston. http://www.nicolwaybryanston.co.za/location.htm
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Stunning wine pairing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I loved my food and so did our friends! The starter was combined onto one plate so that everyone could have a taste!! Fabulous idea, thanks to our helpful waitron!! The pork belly is also to die for! Cant wait to go back tonight!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Johannesburg
“Relaxed and top class”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Was there for breakfast. The gourmet menu is very interesting all day. I ordered a maize fritter stacked with scrambled eggs, chorizo and salsa. Very good presentation and very tasty. Service attentive. I will be back, want to try those luanch menu items.

Visited October 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Absolutely wonderful. Service is fast and the staff are friendly and well informed. Excellent chefs tasting menus available weekly and paired with wine. Amazing desserts but I had the tasting menu optiin so had a little taste of 3 desserts. Liquorish ice-cream.... no words...

I go as often as I can... :-)

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wilderness, South Africa
“Very Impressive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I had heard about Licorish from a few people and decided to try it for myself. It lived up to its reputation and more! The staff were very obviously well trained and attentive. The specials of the tasting platters are an excellent idea, and gives you the opportunity to try a few different flavours when you are spoilt for choice as I was. I asked for the wine list, and was told there isn't one, and that I could choose from the wines they had on display. I was a bit put off by this to begin with, but ended up thinking it was just as well there was no wine list. They have many very unusual wines available, most of which I had never heard of before, and I run regular wine tastings. Well done, and please keep the standard high.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Johannesburg
“A master chef restaurant experience!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

This was really surprising. I was impressed by the service and the food. It is a nice restaurant, more stylish than I'm used to. The specials were a fish and a fillet tasting platter, that came with wine to compliment it. It was a fun interesting dinner. Just having an option like this educated us on how to match a wine with a specific meal. It's seems like small portions, because its like you see on tv. Elegantly displayed. But it fills you up. I enjoyed my meal and recommend you at least try it just to experience fine dining!!

Visited September 2013