“If you are in the mood for a burger, Dukes is the place.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Hamburgers
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Johannesburg, South Africa
“If you are in the mood for a burger, Dukes is the place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

It was refreshing to visit this restaurant. Different in a good way. They do one thing and one thing only, but they do it right. The burger that I had was the best I have had in Joburg. For a casual meal that you will love, give this place a try.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Now that's a real Burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We headed off to Dukes Burger as a group of friends looking for a good burger. We reserved a table and were seated in a lovely almost private section outside. It was great, we had a book shelf next to us filled with many books to keep us entertained. Wow what an awesome menu, there is something for everyone. I decided to try the MRS Balls lamb burger, it was fantastic. They have an awesome alcoholic milkshake menu and a small cocktail menu. I will definitely be returning. Great menu mixed with a great green side vibe.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food spoiled by greediness”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

We booked a table well in advance and was pushed into a corner with plastic chairs, with a view of the toilet and the sound of kitchen behind us. My son and I had rose bushes in our face and the service was truly appalling! A beautiful bottle of Raka Sauvignon was spoiled by being served well above room temperature, a first in any restaurant I have ever been to in Jozi. The food was great but lacked the detail of basic accompaniments and no salad dressing. The waiters were stretched to their limit and was unable to produce salt and pepper for the table. What a lovely original restaurant spoiled by trying to fit too many people into a small space and spoiling an experience which is not likely to be repeated soon by us. A true 0 out of 10!

New York, New York, United States
“Beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

The burgers were good, but the presentation was stunning! The menu was also very creative and I can't wait to go back and try yet another wonderful creation!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Burger quest 2”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012 via mobile

We arrived without a booking, big mistake! Luckily got a table! I had the "Mrs Vark" burger, a delicious beef burger with bacon and churico sausage! I have said it once but will say it again, delicious, saucy and awesome! This quest gets better, this is so far the best burger I have had in joburg!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere