“Enjoy the best B&B in Joburg” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bongela Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Johannesburg
Bongela Bed and Breakfast
11 Oxford Road | Kensington, Johannesburg 2094, South Africa (Formerly Katinga Lodge)   |
Ranked #31 of 232 Johannesburg B&B and Inns
Germany
“Enjoy the best B&B in Joburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Charmaine did everything so that we felt in very friendly and helpful hands.
If we will go to Joburg again there is no doubt, the only address is Bongela B&B.
We enjoyed the very nice breakfast, we enjoyed the head massage, we enjoyed the beautiful garden. The first three days in Bongela B&B have been the very right entry to south africa.

Room Tip: All rooms go to the garden side and I think there is no difference.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Chartalbot, Owner at Bongela Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
You guys rock! We are so glad at the end of your trip you could come and rest at Bongela. I still need to give you that milk tart recipe. Wasn't it delicious! Hope your trip home was great! Remember Bongela will be here a long time to come with greater improvements all the time....so come on back hey?

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Noto, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

It was my first time in Joburg and my first time at Bongela B&B. The one greatly enhanced by the other! Warm and hospitable welcome from Charmaine and family; to tell you the truth by the time I left, I felt like one of the family! Clean, fresh-looking room, en-suite, hot showers, well-kept, small garden and good security all round. Just the place for a first-timer! I felt thoroughly relaxed throughout my 8 nights stay. I didn't have a car but I enjoyed the walks down Queen Street and to the Bedford Centre Mall. Super shopping opportunities all over Joburg for the city shopaholic like myself! Attended church where Renton is pastor and was blessed by the service. I was invited to a puppet show run by Charmaine and Jared - awesome! I look forward to my next visit to South Africa...and to staying with the Bongela B&B family. Thank you!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
We loved having you. From the moment you walked in we just knew we would be friends forever. Thank you for being amazing!!!!You are an amazing person and if you come back to South Africa we will do so much more.....glad you had a great rest!
Shefford, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This place is the perfect stop over for anyone wanting to relax after a long flight or before heading on Safari or just if you want to check out Jo'burg. Charmaine made me feel very at home and enjoys the company of guests, she helped me out alot on my travels and her service level is superb. I found the rooms spacious and very clean and the gardens are a good place to relax. A highly enjoyable and recommended stay for all!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Wow! thanks. You became like a son in the few days you were here. Just what we enjoy..... for our guests to feel like family. I really enjoyed all your stories and hearing about your work with the animals and your amazing family. Please come visit us again and enjoy the rest of your travels.
West Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

It was wonderful to be met at the airport and welcomed to the city by my host and her son. My room was lovely. Breakfast was plentiful and tasty. My host family attended to all and any detail which made my stay relaxing and truely enjoyable. I felt like I had found a home away from home. Hospitality is the Bongels's specialty and I will recommend it to my family and friends - I will be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
You were so amazing! we loved having you stay over at Bongela! We just love our guests! So glad you enjoyed the hospitality and our great breakfasts! It's good to laugh and be happy and we had a great time!
Lubumbashi, Democratic Republic of the Congo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Start your Johannesburg vacation at Bongela! We received wonderful service at a great value. We stayed 2 nights and enjoyed the huge breakfast spread. We felt right at home and the hosts helped us get acquainted with the city. We would definitely stay there again and will be recommending Bongela to our friends.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much! We really loved having you and taking you around Johannesburg! what a laugh we had seeing all the art works in the garage! so much fun! you were amazing guests!We miss you already.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed over one night early December 2012 and would definitely stay again. The hosts were attentive and friendly and the room comfortable. I would recommend this B&B. We left at 4 a.m. so didn't get to sample the breakfast. The owners were very accommodating to let us leave at that time!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Our team enjoyed having you and next time should you come to us we will give you a scrumptious breakfast.
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

If you want to experience a little bit of heaven - I highly recommend you to go for a massage at Bongela Bed and Breakfast. They are professional and see to what you want - I felt looked after and cared for and much more relaxed ;-) It is a beautiful setting and I loved being there. When I visit from Oz again - it will definately be a stop on my vacation.
Thank you so much Charmaine for the treatments and the abundance of pampering that you showered on us.
Heila Buys

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chartalbot, Owner at Bongela Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
We loved having you and your friend Heila! We are in the business of "pampering". When one has travelled so far it is good to have a relaxing massage. Please do come again and share the news with all the folk living in Oz. Loads of blessings.....Jared and Charmaine

Been to Bongela Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!