“Home away from Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bongela Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Johannesburg
Bongela Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Bongela Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
11 Oxford Road | Kensington, Johannesburg 2094, South Africa (Formerly Katinga Lodge)   |
Ranked #34 of 233 Johannesburg B&B and Inns
West Des Moines, Iowa
“Home away from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

It was wonderful to be met at the airport and welcomed to the city by my host and her son. My room was lovely. Breakfast was plentiful and tasty. My host family attended to all and any detail which made my stay relaxing and truely enjoyable. I felt like I had found a home away from home. Hospitality is the Bongels's specialty and I will recommend it to my family and friends - I will be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Chartalbot, Owner at Bongela Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
You were so amazing! we loved having you stay over at Bongela! We just love our guests! So glad you enjoyed the hospitality and our great breakfasts! It's good to laugh and be happy and we had a great time!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Lubumbashi, Democratic Republic of the Congo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Start your Johannesburg vacation at Bongela! We received wonderful service at a great value. We stayed 2 nights and enjoyed the huge breakfast spread. We felt right at home and the hosts helped us get acquainted with the city. We would definitely stay there again and will be recommending Bongela to our friends.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much! We really loved having you and taking you around Johannesburg! what a laugh we had seeing all the art works in the garage! so much fun! you were amazing guests!We miss you already.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed over one night early December 2012 and would definitely stay again. The hosts were attentive and friendly and the room comfortable. I would recommend this B&B. We left at 4 a.m. so didn't get to sample the breakfast. The owners were very accommodating to let us leave at that time!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Our team enjoyed having you and next time should you come to us we will give you a scrumptious breakfast.
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

If you want to experience a little bit of heaven - I highly recommend you to go for a massage at Bongela Bed and Breakfast. They are professional and see to what you want - I felt looked after and cared for and much more relaxed ;-) It is a beautiful setting and I loved being there. When I visit from Oz again - it will definately be a stop on my vacation.
Thank you so much Charmaine for the treatments and the abundance of pampering that you showered on us.
Heila Buys

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chartalbot, Owner at Bongela Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
We loved having you and your friend Heila! We are in the business of "pampering". When one has travelled so far it is good to have a relaxing massage. Please do come again and share the news with all the folk living in Oz. Loads of blessings.....Jared and Charmaine
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I had an excellent week in Johannesburg in no small part thanks to this charming B&B and the lovely family than runs it. Considering the good location and the comfortable room the price is quite a bargain.But the actual killer feature is indeed the whole family that really did make me feel at home. I will definitely stay here if I am to be in Johannesburg again.

Room Tip: I only slept in the first room. If it is the case choose the bed on the left there is a heating matt...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Aktiur, you were an amazing guest! you really became one of the family. I even emailed your mom to tell her how fantastic you were. We are already missing you! hopefully we will come and see you in France. Thanks for the crepes you made us. We had such fun in the kitchen.PLEEEZE come back to us again. We have heating matts on all the beds now. But it's summer now and the garden is beautiful! Your friends and hosts, Jared and Charmaine
roodepoort
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I spent o memorable night at Katinga Lodge I thoroughly enjoyed the South African ambience of the bed and breakfast Charmaine was an exceptionally warm and accomodating hostess. I felt special, pampered with a lovely massage, given a delicious breakfast in a tranquil setting. The accomodation is very comfortable and affordable . Thanks for a lovely stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Chartalbot, Owner at Bongela Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
So glad you enjoyed your stay! This is our passion...to make our guests feel spoilt! Glad you enjoyed the massage,it's what we're good at! and the breakfast! Well....it's a good South African treat! Please come again. Our guests are so welcome, we really love them!
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I spent 2 nights at Katinga and I was really surprised that the airport transfer was inclusive, it is really good value for money when compared to quality. I was impressed with the warm service, the breakfast is excellent. It's been a peaceful experience and I'm glad I got to do the lion tour. Many Thanks!

Room Tip: The room on the left was perfect
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Jared T, Manager at Bongela Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Was great to meet you! Thanks for coming to our little lodge and for your review. It means a lot to us at Katinga. So glad you enjoyed your stay. So glad you got to touch the lion cubs and enjoyed our famous breakfast. Looking forward to having you over again whenever you are in town.

Been to Bongela Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!