“You cannot be wrong” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Johannesburg

You added Hyatt Regency Johannesburg to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Johannesburg
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   191 Oxford Road | Rosebank, Johannesburg 2132, South Africa   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #24 of 71 Hotels in Johannesburg
Geneva
“You cannot be wrong”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you do not know the city you are going to, booking at a Hyatt hotel is always a great thing to do. It was my first time in this one, and I have spent a very good time. Friendly people, good food, a very nice lounge bar and a decent breakfast restaurant. The fitness is, as often (Sao Paolo is the same medium quality) not of the standard of a 5 stars hotel. I did not see the pool, but the fitness is pleasant: no window, not enough equipments for the size of the hotel. The bed is a paradise as always. Though, no wifi, and not easy to print and scan documents: to be changed for sure !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Very comfortable, great service, very clean, well appointed and super friendly and professional staff. I have had the privilege of staying in some great hotels around the world and this one ranks very high.

The fitness facility is very good and if you upgrade to the Club rooms, free breakfast and after work appies and wine make the stay very comfortable

Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I used to be a regular in this hotel when travelling to Johannesburg for work (average of 8-10 nights per month for 2 years), and the staff always made me feel home. The usual greeting was 'welcome back home' upon arrival. Great location next to Rosebank Mall, with a large number of dining and entertainment options (Grillhouse, Koi, Piza e Vino, and my favorite Tasha's).

Rooms are a bit tired, but very spacious. Nice gym facilities, and outside trainers are allowed. Breakfast service is fantastic. The restaurant manager knows my preferences and never failed to surprise me. Perhaps not as centrally located as Hilton in Sandton, but love Hyatt for their loyalty program.

Room Tip: 6th floor near fitness centre, or 8th floor near lounge
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Townsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was a great hotel, beautiful rooms and amazing service! If you have any problems, all the staff are eager to help. We had an incident with a tick, and the staff called the doctor for our room, and called back later to make sure it was resolved. The hotel restaurants were also very impressive with the same great service. There are also three shopping centres within walking distance of the hotel - The Firs, The Zone, and The Mall of Rosebank. Concierges are also happy to help you book on any tours or safaris in the surrounding area. Also great for foreign visitors who have a good exchange rate with the ZAR. Our stay was a bargain in Australian dollars!

Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed here for a couple of days on either end of a safari. Prearranged shuttle service from the airport was really great--I recommend this.
The staff is so helpful and friendly. My luggage was lost somewhere in London--the Hyatt staff made calls on my behalf to track it down. They also arranged shuttles for me to the airport and the Apartheid museum.
The breakfast here is very tasty--I recommend the made-to-order omelette!
The spa looked beautiful, although I didn't actually use it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This was actually a very bad experience. My partner booked me an expensive Spa gift for my birthday gift, as a surprise at the Hyatt Regency.
1. When I arrived no one knew what was going on - if I was staying in the hotel - what had been paid for, if my lunch was part of the package - let alone whether or not it was my birthday -something that had been highlighted when the booking made.
2. The beautician did not listen to me at all - I clearly stated that I have VERY sensistive skin and that she must use hyper sensitive products - she didnt - she argued - and this morning - I have woken up with a thick rash all over my face - that is red and stinging - (despite washing her rubbish products off as soon as I got home).
3. I clearly stated that I do not use the products that the spa uses - but yet - when I went outside at the end of my treatment - there she was trying to sell me products - that I had clearly stated I did not want as it was not a range I use!
4. There were a frightening number of cockroaches. Not the little type but the big parktown prawn type - in the bathroom - and they were clearly used to humans cause they did not move when I tried to go to wash my hands at the sink. One ran over my foot! (this is supposed to be an hygienic location)
5. No water glasses were provided for water - this is odd - in a Spa when the focus is on purification and calm - there were no water glasses provided - there were half fill jugs of water - but no one had checked or thought to provide glasses.

Over all a very below average experience.
There are many other spa's in Jhb - and close to the Hyatt in Rosebank - my advice would be use one of them instead.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Love this Hotel! Its one of my favorites as an airliner.
Service is great, location is top and next door you have got everything you need.
Had a few problems with the heater and the airco but nothing stays unsolved in this hotel.
The staff is always willing to help and welcomes you with a smile!
In summer you can enjoy the garden with its terrace and have a red wine for a very reasonable price.
Fantastic Spa!