Having Just returned from a week in Johannesburg, I can truthfully say, the staff at this hotel played a major role in our having the most spectacular time!
Being greeted with such warmth that I felt like a long lost family member that had just arrived home, was the beginning!
I am deeply ashamed that I didn't take the time to learn the names of the 6 ladies behind the front desk , or the gentlemen who parked and retrieved out car daily and nightly! This is not a crew who are merely doing their job, but the most hard working, charming, whatever you need group of hoteliers I have ever met. NOT ONE member of this hotel's staff was ever unpleasant, rude, or even just a little lukewarm! We witnessed the rudest, most obnoxious couple trying to get free internet in the lobby (NOT GUESTS-I was nosey I listened in) and the cool, firm but still charming way the staff dealt with this was unbelievable - I felt a kick in the pants was warranted.....
The Warmth people talk about in Africa, can be found consistently here, and I was so happy I changed my end of year plans to tuck in a quick stay at this hotel again!
Rooms are lovely, spacious and little touches like a bowl of M&M's in the room, biltong to greet you, refilled bottles of filtered water every day, and rubber duckies to play with in the bath (YES I DID) just add to the smile this place will plaster across your face!
The pool is brilliant too, with the option of taking your cocktails or meals at a table IN the POOL TOO!! And free sunscreen tubes are left in a tub of ice for guests use!
Anyone reading this will know how many hotels in how many cities and countries I have stayed over the years, this one is the most welcoming, efficient, comfortable, happy, lovely, charming place I have stayed in to date! EVER!
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE AT The African Pride Hotel FOR ONE OF THE BEST STAYS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! NGABONGA!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel has become an international destination in its own right, attracting discerning GUESTS who take pleasure in modern elegance and sophistication. Sheer style and individuality is what redefines the travel experience when staying at Africa's first truly HIP 5-star Hotel. The luxurious African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel, Johannesburg, South Africa is situated within the exclusive urban Melrose Arch lifestyle development, a "city within a city", that offers an extensive array of shops and restaurants to be explored. So, if shopping is on the cards, you couldn’t ask for a better position. The entire Melrose Arch precinct is patrolled by 24 hour Security and monitored by CCTV surveillance for peace-of-mind comfort. If you want to arrive in style, simply book a transfer in one of our luxury vehicles. Alternatively, catch the courtesy shuttle from the Gautrain station straight to the hotel where you immediately feel the pulse of urban Africa. Engulf yourself in the trendy precinct that is Melrose Arch, which offers GUESTS everything and more at your doorstep. Loosen your tie and make your way outside to the Pool Bar. Make use of our complimentary internet access, take off your shoes and have lunch at our unique tables that sit in shallow water; perfect for that midday cool down. Want to get out and explore? With the vast attractions that Johannesburg has to offer, why not visit the nearby Military Museum or the musical landmark of Sophia Town; both of which have played huge roles in the history of our country. With so much to do within close proximity, a visit to our own March Restaurant is a must and offers a truly sensual dining experience; where décor meets a whimsical fusion of international flavours and cooking techniques.Too early for bed? Make yourself comfortable in the leather couches of the Library Bar. Indulge in a nightcap and be kept company by a selection of great authors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Marriott, Agoda, Odigeo, Tingo and South African Hotels so you can book your African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel Johannesburg
- African Pride Melrose Arch Johannesburg